Fix photogrammetry bridges so that they are not "solid" underneath

Posted about this back on Sep. 3rd. Filed a zendesk at the same time. Same bridge still messed up.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bridge-rendering-and-traffic-on-roadways/250912

Glad to read that these things are a quite common issue… “solid” bridges and dystopical “burned out” cities.
Forget thinking about Nvidia settings - it happens with Radeon cards as well. So it seems to be PG related, out of our reach.

Sad thing: I haven’t been focusing on so many things in the release version that now I can’t tell if they are new behavior or not :frowning:

I remember that the devs mentioned solid bridges were resolved within Update 7 or am I wrong ?

When in fact, they still seem to be right in the sim.

Most PG in the US urban areas have brownish ‘autumn’ tones when compared to the deeply greenish summer Bing Map data surrounding them.

Not to mention the unrealistic Bing Maps green roads and highways all around the USA.

Don’t remember them saying that

Yes see my post above with a link to a thread you can vote on about that

The LOD level for photogrammetry seems to be calculated by physical distance, not taking into account the zoom level. That’s why everything looks melted when you zoom in. When you fly closer instead, a higher LOD is used and everything looks (relatively) crisp.

1 Like

Nope mate 8-(
For me it’s melted even if totally zoomed out, it’s just not that obvious at first glance.

Crisp is exaggerated. I think it looks dead. I have to fly 3-4-5 times over Manhattan to get PG built up. Freedom tower looks grey and apocalyptic. When I have flown by it is already melted away…

This does appear to be getting fixed slowly. If you really want to fly under bridges, go to downtown Paris, almost all of them are working for this.

The problem actually stems from Bing Maps PG. It also seem quite the same way for Hollywood sign from Bing Maps PG as the most of the bridges around the USA or elsewhere in the world.

Having checked the very same thing on Google Earth PG and its 3D output is almost flawless.

Under all the bridges there is solid black. Anyone else have this? Bridges otherwise look great and accurate.
Thanks!

Search the forum before posting please

1 Like

I saw that yesterday flying through Manhattan at 300 feet but: from one side some bridges are like Dam’s, the other side is correctly showed with river under bridge.
At this point in Italy we sad: Booooh.

If you do try to fly under bridges, beware the Roadrunner/Coyote cartoon effect, where it looks like a bridge you could go under, but it’s really just a painting on a wall.

1 Like

I have kinda the same problem, but it looks a bit different here (like water was crawling up to the bridge)…

This one was on my way to VMMC between Macau and Hongkong

Forgive my ignorance…but is there a fix available for the duff bridge modelling in USA ? or have MSOBO put this one on the back burner ? For me it quite spoils the visuals wherever these brick wall bridges appear.

1 Like

Not aware of a any fix yet. Keep voting on this and other linked threads

I turned the photoG off. Everything looks better for me, not so “realistic” maybe…but the Bing data will do!

Yes, I too was just killed by the Coronado Bay bridge in San Diego; a bridge with plenty of clearance for the ICON. I remember flying under it with a Cessna in earlier iterations of Flight Stim.