[FIXED 1.13.17.0] World Update 3 has broken flight dynamics, exhibit A

Considering how much stuff is in the UK and how much of it was updated, they probably slewed, used dev camera and spawned in the air

Not really.
Think they have a little army of internal testers.

1 Like

True, but considering how much was updated in terms of scenery even that wouldn’t be enough.

Many of them are probably also already testing Sim Update 3.

I don’t agree with you. In XP there is a beta phase before a release, and is a much smaller team. Just need to have a beta group, and I don’t think that would be a problem.

2 Likes

Maybe I wasn’t clear in my reply, what I mean is that they’re defering the actual fix by at least a month, maybe more, seeing as the last update was delayed.

I can’t believe that the majority of users will be ok with either having to tinker with something we don’t know exactly how it works or don’t use the simulator at all for at least a month.

2 Likes

It’s the very fact that the software is complex that necessitates a comprehensive, automated test suite. As we have seen here, you can’t say, "Oh, we’re working on X, so we don’t need to test “Y”. Working on one part of the software can very easily have unexpected results on a completely different part.

2 Likes

early March isn’t in a month, I doubt they’ll need to delay this update much, if at all.

I do agree that they should provide new copies of the files and file locations to put them though.

You can use the FBW A32NX!

When will we get a hotfix?
I know well you are not the person in response.
But you might ask.
THX.

Sadly, I’m well aware. I’ve had that issue with my own programs.

I think they should have an “X-Plane like” beta group, which does the final testing after the QA process.

2 Likes

It will be easier for Asobo to just release updated flight_model.cfg files via the official update mechanism than to do an entire rebuild/release (if that is the only thing affected). Just my 2 cents.

4 Likes

What they seem to be doing is fully testing a fix and releasing it as a part of Sim Update 3, which will be a core simulator update (including aircraft physics and all that) and tested as such

Isn’t that scheduled for next week or the following one? I guess we can wait?

1 Like

Yeah I think so? They said early March so I’m assuming it’s in the next few weeks.

This would be an acceptable temporary fix.

1 Like

That workaround is nice. But how am I supposed to edit premium aircraft or 3rd party aircraft like the carenado? They are locked.

That is an issue, I don’t think there is a way to edit those.

Thanks for the update and for a work around. I’m ok with bugs as long as they are acknowledged. I’m even happier if there’s a work around. More of this transparency would be appreciated (I’m looking at you, ATIS).

1 Like

Hence why I suggested they just update the flight_model.cfg files via the official update mechanism. IT works for everyone. It will be easy, no MS store cert stuff to deal with.

Will be a like 100Kb for all of them vs a 1GB store update.

The only issue is if they decide that is not the right way to go, and that will surely upset 3rd party developers.

Update: They also might want to check why someone got a debug breakpoint, that should only happen in debug builds, maybe they pushed the wrong build to the stores for release.

2 Likes

I don’t get it, its not becoming a hot fix? Its not written very concise, “better approach is to implement the fix and then thoroughly test everything for the upcoming Sim Update 3” So is the fix connected to sim update 3 or not? It now only states that they will test everything thoroughly for sim update 3… There is no clear statement as when the fix will be implemented, I fear it not being a “hot”fix means sim update 3?

I find it unbelievable in the first place such gross errors are made and not rectified despite weeks of extra “polishing” and testing, but ok, errors are human, then it takes days since the update to acknowledge the problem and the users are suggested to dive into the .cfg files themselves in the meanwhile to solve what the Asobo team screwed up big time. Very weird way of doing business.

On the upside, they are finally working on more then just visual gimmicks… Now please kick the icing effect out of the sim next update and we at least have a workable product again.