[FIXED 1.13.17.0] World Update 3 has broken flight dynamics, exhibit A

I hope they’ll tell us more in the next live Q&A session. When is the next Q&A session? Where can I look that up?

Use the stol mod for that plane : it will have the flightmodel.cfg accessible once you modify the manifest

Absolutely pathetic - they didn’t deal with it at all, quite the opposite of acknowledgement of it’s existence then sitting on it

“Teehee oopsie we broke the flying of our planes in our game that is all about flying, well wish us luck next time when we decide to release a fix”

Upload a zip file with fixed configs to the forum for the planes we can manually apply at minimum. I’ve seen devs do things like that in a pinch until an official release is packaged. Guess microsoft has them gagged and tied up.

I think that the next dev-update is today, the 25th. So maybe some of the unmovable critics here could chime in and pose some questions? Maybe they’ll have an explanation that can satisfy you.
Talking about transparency by the way. Did you ever get a weekly press conference from the people of the other sim? It is my observation that they really want to connect with their user group (but that’s off topic…)
Happy flying!

The Apologist :wink:

1 Like

And who are you to say that their decision was wrong? They have all the facts, while you only have your justified irritation and impatience.

Don’t get me wrong. I also don’t understand why they chose to take all this heat instead of releasing a hot-fix, but that’s only because it seems like such an easy thing to do. The fact remains that none of us know why they decided as they did, so I don’t understand how you somehow knows that it was the wrong decision?

Another Apologist :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I am usually not one to criticise Asobo like a lot do on here but on this they are wrong. Simple as that. If it wasn’t an easy(ish) fix they wouldn’t be advising us to process the workaround.

Even if its a complicated fix they should have done it , I am sure usage will be down until they fix it, I for one have tried a couple of times with the 787 after the update and couldn’t manage with it.

It would be interesting to know how many others are leaving it until a fix is found, I have about 170 hours of flying under my belt but have 20 mins or so since update 3.

The bug itself is a bit of an own goal but that can happen, to choose not to fix it straight away is a massive own goal. However hard or easy isn’t the issue , they should have fixed it straight away. Or at least given full, clear instructions on how we could make it work

2 Likes

My total guess would be the flaps workaround is nothing more than a bandage. It gets you up, and running again after a fashion. But I would imagine a full fix would be to either undo, or complete the changes that were made to the flight model that led to this workaround. They may not have the time to implement the fix fully until Sim Update 3. So we wait.

2 Likes

where do I say it IS the wrong decision?

All I say is, they could have provided the workaround but decided to ask us to do it ourselves.
And this is a fact, that comes directly from their community management team writte to all of us.

THere is no “right” or “wrong”, there is just a factual situation that many, icluding me, are not happy with.

What I said is wrong is, that some here claim there is a simple fix that we were told to apply if we like.
It is not a fix, but a workaroud - again not my words, but friectly from the official statement.
And it is Wrong that we can apply it and be fine, as this only works for the aircrafts in the standard addition, while there is no workaround provided for those from deluxe and premium bundles.

And of course, they could easily provide a workaround for those as well, by simply offering a download of the encryted config-files. It was simply not done, because they decided not to provide it, not because it cannot be done. Again, not my assumption but part of the official statement that clearly says, they discussed to provide a hotfix but decided to wait till Sim Updated 3.

THere is no “right” or “wrong”. There is only good or bad custumor service. And well, to my standards, this is a very poor customer service.

agree 100%. As they wrote, parts of a bigger rework of aerodynamics leaked into WU3 and caused the flaps issue.
For sure, there is a bigger thing in the background that cannot be fixed on the go and it is totaly fine to keep the big fix for the next update.
But for the workaround, to give us the basic landing functionality back, they could have provided within a day. It is nothing else buct a package for the community folder with the workaround applied to the config files for all aircraft. For whatever reason, they decided to not even provide this and stay silent on it even though this topic has accumulated more than 1000 comments and over 600 votes in less than a week…

2 Likes

While I find the issue frustrating, and am a little ■■■■■■ I can’t use my Classic 172 (as the flight model is locked), anyone with some experience working with FS files should find this fix not to hard to do. I would implore people to BACK UP YOUR FILES! Always a good thing to do.

I’m not happy with Asobo, but I can still fly 3 of my favorite planes with a couple lines of code. It’s not end of the world.

I thought about reinstalling XP-11 as a backstop though…I may as I’m not that much into scenery and care very much more about flight models and just zipping around low and slow.

1 Like

Because most likely the changes they made are more complicated and effect a lot more things at a deeper level than a simple change to one or two parameters in a text file can actually fix.

I am happy enough for them to fix it properly but then again nothing I regularly fly has become unflyable, with most of my regular rides you just need to come in with less E and ignore the real world numbers and cross the threshold a lot slower then usual. You also need to land properly rather than just stall and flop onto the runway. If anything the Bleriot XI actually got easier to fly :smiley:

1 Like

Dear community,
I don’t know anymore what I am doing wrong.
I try to land (e.g. famous landing challenge Rio de Janeiro) with Airbus a320neo.
Everything looks fine, plane is stable, descent rate 3%, vertical speed approx -800 ft, speed 14 knots, flaps 4, gear down, autothrottle on (same behavior also when it is off), autopilot is OFF.
20-30 feet above I idle the engines.
And then is happens - the nose pulls up and plane starts to ascend. I need to press the joystick forward to pull down the nose.
Of course I land, but it shall not look like that I guess.

Engine mode is on normal, when landing with armed autothrotlle, the throttle control is on climb. When autothrottle is off, then I controll the throttle manually.

Anybody else with same issue?
Any advice would be welcome.

This is an issue introduced with World Update 3.
(I hope your speed is higher than 14 kts though)
Not much can be done to help the pitch up issue.
ASOBO is going to release a fix with Sim Update 3

Fortunately, the A320 mod mitigates most of this.
If you aren’t using it, I highly recommend it.

A friend is flying the TBM every day, he just uses less Flaps when landing, just adapt to what works, if Flaps 1 = Flaps 2, or Flaps 2 = Flaps 3, then just use Flaps 2 , when landing instead of 3.

The TBM has only two flap settings - T/O and Landing. And there is more that is not correct about that model than just borked flap math…

Some will even defend when all that is working is the intro video.

"Adapt to what works, Sit and enjoy watching the intro. "

:joy:

1 Like

And adjust power to compensate.

Same here.

Thank you for info!

I suspect it is just one. My theory is that the lift_coef_flaps is an overall constant, and the scalars down in the flaps section modifies that constant. I updated just the scalars, as they were typically easier numbers, and the planes seem to be working as they should so far. A friend went the opposite route and we seem to have similar results.