[FIXED] Crash to Desktop without error message [Exception code 0xc0000005] - how I got rid of the issue [AMD GPU]

5600x and 32GB RAM@3600, on an MSI B550 Tomahawk. Both CPU and RAM are boosted via default motherboard settings (ie. Game Boost and XMP2.0 respectively). The game is running off a Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M2. The PSU is a Corsair 1000w RMi. Everything is using latest drivers, Windows updates, BIOS versions etc, but I’ve tried many combinations of older updates with no positive results.

The above setup was running MSFS perfectly fine from December until early March without a single CTD, using an R9 290X. The issues began when I installed a 6800XT and the next day the early March update came out. It doesn’t matter whether I use Game Boost or not, the same for XMP so it’s not an overclock issue (which would be factory o/c anyway).

All other games are running fine without a single issue after dozens of hours of gameplay (from Cyberpunk 2077 at high settings, to Valheim, Divinity 2, Planet Zoo, Division 2 etc all at ultra settings).

Only MSFS crashes and I’ve seen it crash in so many different ways and configurations, that’s it impossible to find some proper patterns, much less a workaround. I even tried 2 Windows reinstalls and 3 MSFS reinstalls, plus every single workaround I’ve ever read of, official or not. The only thing that positively helped a bit was to disable Xbox Game Bar and also to launch a different game between MSFS CTDs, so that I can at least avoid the continuous CTDs loop in main menu (more info in Crash to desktop without error message - #3357 by Zeppos)

Probably some conflict between MSFS, AMD drivers and Windows. But it doesn’t look like it’s just me.