FIXED : I'm losing my settings after every launch (Post Feb World Update)

Installed world update 3 and this started happening. Every time I launch the game I’m prompted to “set up my experience”. The accessibility, graphics, controls etc.

UPDATE : Game services update to 2.50.20001.0 seems to have fixed it up.

Emptied the community folder
Signed out of Xbox and back in
Deleted all the sim settings folders under appdata and allowed the sim to pull them back down
Repaired the install
Uninstalled and reinstalled

EDIT : Bug thread here : UI broken and reset user settings - Bugs & Issues / Performance, Graphics & CTDs - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Has anyone seen this before I file a ticket with zendesk?
EDIT : Submitted zendesk ticket : 93666

Update from 2/22 1:40am Pacific time:

“We have requalified this ticket into a bug report. Our team of experts will review the information you provided to categorize and prioritize the issue. Please be aware that, while we review each report manually, we are unable to provide an individual update, unless our experts require more information.”

Yes, I’m seeing this behaviour since the U.K and Ireland World Update

Same for me since the World Update 3.

Same issues here, it’s driving me nuts. At launch it keeps demanding I go through the tedious process of setting Accessibility, Graphics, Controller options and a whole bunch of stuff that should be one time only. I’ve logged a ticket. I also notice that in the Controller Options, hardware profiles are disappearing, which is a major bore having to deassign bindings etc. Is there a known local folder where identifiable settings files live, so I can take copies for fallback? I’d rather manage local file copies than go through this hassle every launch.

If it’s a known problem, then it would be nice of MS/Asobo to advise how we can prevent it happening.

1 Like

Yep, was working fine yesterday, and now every time I launch the sim I’m getting these prompts. Not cool.

Weird, I haven’t had this yet. I’m assuming it could be a corrupted or missing file? Did the update process go smoothly?

My updates went without any issue. In fact I’m pretty sure that immediately post update, this nonsense did not happen, but it did yesterday and today (20th/21st Feb) I may be mistaken but have seen it suggested elsewhere that these settings are Cloud stored. If that’s right, but the process to pull those settings down locally is flakey, then it’d be nice to have a local save/load option as a reliable fallback, and archive area for controller profiles too.

Many folks will have spent a long time creating controller hardware profiles (which just seem to go missing by themselves, for me, anyway) and tuning their settings, so to be greeted with “Set your experience” every time you crank the sim up is somewhat disheartening if you’ve not provoked the problem yourself.
:unamused:

Same issue here. I didn’t have this issue straight after the update but only in the last day or two.

UI broken and reset user settings - Bugs & Issues / Performance, Graphics & CTDs - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

If you’ve not seen, contributed to or upvoted this thread you might want to check it out. The suspect is a Gaming Services update, again.

Seemingly it’s known about and being worked on. Many are pointing out the apparent issues with update testing and zero push communication.

1 Like

From my Zedesk ticket about 6 hours ago

“We have requalified this ticket into a bug report. Our team of experts will review the information you provided to categorize and prioritize the issue. Please be aware that, while we review each report manually, we are unable to provide an individual update, unless our experts require more information.”

Game Services update today seems to have fixed everything. Good to go now.

1 Like

Please use the main Bugs & Issues topic here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ui-broken-and-reset-user-settings-gaming-services-update/368832