[FIXED ON LIVE 1.19.8.0] You are missing packages that are essential to run Microsoft Flight Simulator. Please update the application and try again

OK It seems that you are missing the same files than TundraGibbon261 and myself but in fact if we were missing part of them you seem to be missing all of them. It’s confirming that it’s a big mess and no one knows why there such a discrepancy.
All the files which are appearing are normal one. We have them as well.
It seems that the solution is to get the missing files and copy them into your OneStore.

I have them all and would be keen to send it to you but unfortunatly I’m not use to this and don’t know how to proceed. I would need to find a link to your e.mail or something like this.

That sounds like my installation, I bet you can’t start a flight from the world menu, isn’t it ?

Many thx. Maybe you could try wetransfer, if the data volume is to big. My e-mail is popescu.paul@icloud.com

Yes, you‘re totally right. I can‘t start a flight from the world map. You can click the Fly button, but the game doesn‘t lunch. Maybe I don‘t need the both packages for C152 and TBM930, since I have the other ones, I‘m not sure, just wondering…

Thanks ReverentGlint71

Yeah, as soon as you get the basic C152 and TBM (which will still be misising in your and mine content mananger, even after you got them) you will be able to start a flight from the world menu, welcome to the club :slight_smile:

I have a feeling Asobo still haven’t figured this one out, no basic C152 and TBM and we won’t be able to start a flight from the world menu.

The Acrobat is just a variant to the basic C152, you don’t need it if you don’t want to have it. The rest are liveries to the Acrobat version of the C152 and for the basic C152 which are of no use as you don’t have the plane yet :slight_smile:

Same with the TBM liveries, of no use as long as you don’t have the plane :slight_smile: and again, even if you got the TBM you don’t really need the liveries … maybe for some of the discovery etc. flight but definitely not to start a flight from the world menu.

Wow, that kind of support is really ridiculous

Yeah, don’t even bother speaking to them. Went round 4 departments and ended up being told to speak to zendesk. 3 hours wasted!

I was asking them to delete my flight sim cloud data so I could start afresh. They told me this can only be done from an xbox console which I don’t have access to.

I literally asked every places I can ask for help. (Reddit, Discord etc.) And I think they are programmed by Microsoft to not help us at all.

All the other issues are being answered quickly on reddit and discord, but when I ask them for help with this issue, I am ignored. what in the actual f

I now hate everything. I am losing it day by day.

Better fix now found. See a few posts down.

Guys, I have kind of fixed the issue for my setup here. It is defintely Microsoft account related as I had worked out from the start, and requires a bit of messing about to get it to work.

Go into windows settings and repair and reset flight simulator. (Backup contents of Onestore folder here if you wish to save many hours then restore to original location before proceeding)
Start the sim and as soon as the black syncing settings screen appears in the middle of the screen press cancel and then press stop syncing (you need to be quick)
This stops your cloud settings being loaded and you can start the sim setup from afresh. You should then be able to download all mandatory content.

This is not a proper fix though. If i delete my ‘problem package’, because the Sim has now synced, It will not redownload the package again, which will undoubtably cause problems in the future.

At least this proves it is an issue with account settings and can hopefully guide the devs to solve this problem.

asobo-flight-tutorials-default was my missing mandatory package

Where are those threads? Too many to sift through.

[Beleive youcan find something into :

Bugs & Issues:

](Bugs & Issues - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Install, Performance & Graphics

As you know did it with Thugyiunis and told him that we had to thk you since you’ve been sorting out the question of missing files into the OneStore and that I only followed you advices.
He send me the following which I’m forwarding to you accordingly :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I can‘t thank TundraGibbon, since I’m limited to 3 posts. Would you be so keen to thank him on my behalf?

Did my job… :wink:

Have a nice evening

1 Like

We need to thank andyjb1037219, he found the mandatory packages file early on

ISSUE SOLVED

OK, Found an even better fix now.
May result in lost saved data though, so keep that in mind.
For me my logbook etc remains intact, I have just had to reset some settings to my previous values.

Navigate to the below folder
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs

Inside this folder are 2 folders, one called t, and the other has a long string of letters/numbers. Open this folder.

In this folder are several more folders. I went into each one of these folders and opened all of the files inside using notepad.
Most of them contain saved control mappings. Ignore those.
One of them contained lots of garbage text but also some file names of packages that are ‘ignored’ by the installer. Check the file to see if any of your missing packages are there. I made an edit to this file (Just added a random space in it) and saved it, which effectively corrupts the file.
This forces a new one to be generated which rectified the issue with packages not being downloaded. The installation manager is now able to pick up all mandatory content.

This has 100% fixed the issue for me. Let me know if you need any help navigating to or finding the file.

5 Likes

If that works, you are a beast.

Hi From myself and Thugyiunis many thks for all your info.

Will try the last one and let you know.

Hi Just checked at all this. The result with my installation is :
1 - The inside files numbers are different from yours. I beleive that these numbers are refering to the files located into the register.
2 - I found 2 files totally empty and 3 files with garbage.
3 - the last file (Container.index) is also garbage

What do you mean by “Check the file to see if any of your missing packages are there” ?

I don’t really get it when you say “I made an edit to this file…Which effectively corrupts the file”
Where is the new one issued ?

Thks for you possible help.

Ignore the container.index files.

In each of those folders are 2 files. One is a long string of letters/numbers. That is the one you need to open. When you examine the files, one of them will contain package names somewhere in it. These are packages that will NOT be downloaded by the sim when using your Microsoft account. This is the one that I edited.
All you need to do is make a change to the garbage text in notepad. Eg add a space somewhere, or delete a character from it and then save it.
The sim won’t be able to read it, and will start the setup as if you are a new user.
When you exit the sim, this file you have edited will be overwritten with new, uncorrupted data.

The file you need to change, on my machine is shown below. Yours will look different and have a different name, but you can see there are package names in it (circled). You can also see MUS_COLOR_01 a few lines above my circled area which indicates the music selected in sim.