Fixing cockpit panel ID placard or plate

Is there a safe way to change the aircraft placard or plate in the cockpit? Maybe editing an aircraft or panel config file?

I ask because I used to use FSHud and I used G2 for this label in a Vision Jet, which worked. But now I have G2 in the TBM 930 cockpit placard??

Hi @TwirlyGoat6223
You mean other than changing the Tail Number in Aircraft \ Customization \ATC Options?
In the aircraft.cfg file there is an atc_id setting. From the SDK:
“This gives the registration number of the aircraft (Note that it can be modified in the simulation options by the user).”

You could try changing the default value in the file for your aircraft & see what happens (I have not tried this). Just remember to make a backup copy of the aircraft.cfg file first!

Hope this helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the information. I’ll look into the aircraft.cfg file if I can find it & backup a copy before messing around.

Not sure I ever noticed where there is an aircraft\customization\atc option ?

In the World Map, when you click on an aircraft, in the area where you can change the Liveries & Weight & Balance is “Customization” option. Click that, then add your custom text into the Tail Number option. This text will display on the placard in the cockpit & on the exterior of the aircraft.

The default aircraft files are within the …\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\OneStore folder. The exact location depends on where you chose to install MSFS. Look for the name of aircraft you want to change & click through the folder hierarchy to get to the aircraft.cfg file. For example, for the C172sp:
asobo-aircraft-c172sp-as1000\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_C172sp_AS1000

Thanks again for the information. I’ll let you know how it goes!

Thanks for your help! Just clicking on the aircraft in the World Map and scrolling to Customization and adding custom text into the Tail Number worked perfectly !!

Glad it worked! Can you mark it as a solution so others with the same question know a solution exists? - Thanks :slightly_smiling_face: