Flaps Lever goes back to same position

I have 160 flight hours and this started happening after last update.
Flaps ‘reset’ back to a certain position in aircraft.
Ex.
Cessna 172.
I load into sim and flaps are at 10 degree.
I adjust flaps by increasing and decreasing, but it always defaults back to 10 degrees.
I have reset my key bindings for both my keyboard and Saitek X52.
I have restarted sim after resetting keybindings.
flap
Please help.
Thanks.

This appears to only happen in World Map.
Flaps work as intended doing Activities.

I have the same exact issue. Cessna 172. It starts out in 10 degrees as well which I found strange. But every time I go to 0 degrees, it returns to 10 degrees after a couple seconds.

1 Like

I noticed this as well and discovered the assists were all set to easy after the su7 update

If you go to the Assistance Options settings and choose PILOTING section. Switch to off assisted landing and assisted takeoff, and I think you will find that the flap settings work correctly. However, I have noticed that for some aircraft, pressing F6/F7 moves the flap lever over two positions rather than one every time you press one of these keys. They seem to work OK on the C172, but not on the “twins”.

2 Likes

Yes and Robin DR400 is broken to. I don’t try in more aircraft.

I have the same issue. This issue not only applies to the Cessna 172, but also to the Cessna 152. Not sure if this belongs here, but the expansion arrows for the Controls on either airplane do not work when trying to set up configurations.

Also same issue with 747

1 Like

Same issue intermittently in the TBM. No assistance options enabled. Just yet another bug in this launched buggy beta that we call a AAA game.

I have a similar issue on all aircraft I have tested. Not sure if it is exactly the same. Flaps not deployable - retract when using controller axis. Will deploy and be controlled using button commands and then retract again after two seconds. Same physical controller axis works on spoilers, throttles etc. Other axis will work on spoilers, throttles, etc, but not on flaps. Same results from other controllers. If controllers are completely disconnected, flaps cannot be deployed with mouse, but throttles, spoilers, etc. can be controlled with mouse. Does not appear to be hardware issue. I have checked and reset Windows USB game controllers and sensitivity/calibration within MSFS 2020. All seem to work normally when in configuration. I have deleted and re-installed controllers from within game. AI is turned completely off. I have repaired, reset, and completely uninstalled and reinstalled MSFS, but the problem persists.

I had a similar if not the same issue. I’d set the flaps in any of my aircraft and the flaps would retract back to initial setting.
What I found as the solution was to go into the Assist menu and turn off Takeoff & Landing assists and after testing, this was the fix.

I have the same issue with all aircraft that I have tried. The flaps always return to 10 degrees.

I had this issue months ago until someone on here told me to check the assistance settings, apparently I had too many things switched on and one of them was the one that was causing this. Review your assistance settings and turn some things off.

That was a good tip, and it seems to have fixed my problem. I didn’t have this problem until the last world update. I turned almost everything off.

Thanks everyone, I’m a total noobie so had all these switched on. No wonder I didn’t find anything on youtube - all experts that don’t need assistance. I’m trying here next time!

it works :slight_smile: thank you

1 Like

Turned off most of assistance settings. It did the trick :facepunch: