Flashing Textures on XBOX Series S

For some reason whenever I fly over Sao Paulo Brazil I get flashing textures on the buildings, I have tried a few different planes, different time & weather settings but nothing seems to fix it.

If you set your departure point as the S in Sao Paulo it should start you close enough to see the problem.

It’s not your settings or the plane. There are issues at locations all over the world where the performance downgrade of models and textures that occured with SU5 has resulted in some pretty odd stuff. Edinburgh is almost all not there at all! :-/

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply mate, I hope they can sort out some of these issues in the next patch

1 Like

I noticed the same bug in São Paulo, I fly there quite often because it is my home town, and it is always flashing… haven’t noticed the issue in other places yet.

2 Likes

I lived in Tatuape for 6 years and I was really looking forward to flying over the places I remember, that flickering ruins the experience for me though

I hope it gets fixed in the brazil update

2 Likes

I just tried this location on a series X and it’s the same. I changed the time of day too for different lighting angles and any daylight has flickering textures, but it seems to me more noticable at dusk with low sun. Switch to nighttime and it seems to go away. Definitely a bug with daytime textures or something. It’s not every building either, just the taller ones it would seem. I’ve not seen this before. Worth reporting it if it hasn’t been reported already.

1 Like

I hope so too - it would be frustrating for me if there were serious issues with my stomping grounds. There are definitely larger sim-wide bugs that need attention though.

I am not sure if this is a series S specific issue but I have notice it really struggles to load photogrammetry data so I hope the Brazil update doesn’t lead to an even worse experience. That being said, if you really want to enjoy a specific area you can play with the rolling cache and fly it multiple times to see if that helps.

1 Like

Fixed with the latest beta of sim update 10 (1.27.14.0)

1 Like

So glad to see this fixed in sim update 10 :grin:
Overall the performance seems much better too