Flickering Airport Textures

Hi, I am experiencing flickering textures (I don’t know how to describe it) at some 3rd party airports including Redwing Geneva and MK studios Dublin. I have attached a video. Only some parts of the airport have this too.

Does anyone know if this is a known bug or a scenery problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks

1 Like

This scientific name is moiré, and a third-party airport with many lines will cause this situation from a distance. It is said that it cannot be solved, the platform problem. This can be mitigated with a 4K or 8K screen.This is also the case with the default RJTT

1 Like

I know there are dozens of similar topics with even more solutions, however I could not find anything that works after hours of research.

My issue is that at some custom sceneries (From completely random sources and developers) I am getting a strong flickering with buildings.

You will find an example from Geneve (Where it is the worst for me) here: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2022.09.21 - 20.57.20.01.mp4 - VEED

Some details about hardware and settings:

• Nvidia RTX 3080 with newest drivers
  • Screen is a Dell s2721hs connected directly to graphics card via HDMI
  • Resolution 1920 x 1080
  • Anti-Aliasing is TAA
  • Render-Scaling 100%
  • Vsync active
  • Issue with both DirectX 11 or 12

I tried almost everything in regards to settings but without any luck. Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong?

3 Likes