Flickering and partially disappearing airport/runway lights

Sorry but the DLSS doesn’t fix anything, even partially. I just got lucky.
It seems completely random but not seeing the appraoch lights is a pain in the a**.

Issue is in “feedback-logged” state, which means the team is trying to repro it.

Really? Trying to? An issue that’s one year old and that easy to repro? :thinking:

1 Like

Just about every flight now I’m having floating runway lights since SU11 release

Hello,

no new bug to me, already discovered with previous sim versions also. Now is worst that many airports missing lights completelly, like stock LKPR where runway lights are working only and no taxiway lights are defined! What is going on here with sim???

I had this very kind reply from someone yesterday.

I bought GSX Pro yesterday and wondered it had changed something in my sim but that is unlikely.

It has changed the number of objects displayed. And that causes issues since SU10, which introduced, for whatever reason a hard object limit in Simconnect. If that is surpassed, no further objects will be drawn.
That means if you fly for example EHAM with AI Traffic enabled, and GSX running, you will likely reach that limit, and as a result the scenery at your arrival will not show up correctly. Missing lights, missing textures, missing buildings, all that can and will happen.

And since no one knows exactly what the object limit is exactly and under which circumstances it will be surpassed, the only option you have is to not use GSX, or AI Traffic at large airports with many custom objects for the time being.

Now this does seem a plausible reason its happening. However I have been doing some test flights since last posting here and this answer seems less obvious.

I went from Bergen to Manchester at night and was fine in Manchester. The lighting was complete and bright. No problems.

I went from Manchester to Helsinki at night and again all was good in EFHK.

Today I went from Tromso ENTC which couldn’t be better.

However landing in Trondheim ENVA back to a little approach lighting and no runway lighting!

Plus all the floating taxiway lights!

I would add that on this last flight I had no AI traffic and GSX switched off! It makes no sense but if it is a limitation of objects it only seems to affect Norway for me so far!

its a issue caused by their upscaling and AA tech and/or how LODs are drawn. Ive linked videos and examples and sent info to their zendesk thing and what not, its comeplete silence so I wouldnt hold my breath.

Look here to see whats actually going on:

Just to make a point about the “using up all your allowed objects” theory I took two screenshots.

The first is just after I had landed and has no runway lights.

The second is after I closed the sim and rebooted it which as you can see shows all the runway lights working perfectly.

1 Like

Look at runway 30L

30L where? I don’t see any screenshots with a 30L runway!

For a moment I thought I had solved it. When I checked I found it hadn’t installed 7 regional updates including Norvic. I installed them all. But absolutely no difference. When I got back to ENTC NO RUNWAY LIGHTS! This is the view from 300 ft! The latter one is parked and you can see no runway lighting. The problem is definitely something to do with losing objects whilst en route. A kind of enforcing not to use too many objects or you will lose some. Runway lights in this instance.

Because it 's a movie :wink:

1 Like

No such movie and anyway what the hell has that to do with this thread???
If you can’t add to the solution of this problem probably best to say nothing!

Calm. down… It does contribute, the clip shows a perfect example.

I have dark runways all around Europe. The origin is allways fine. I flew from Cologne to Mykonos, Tel Aviv, Cologne, Bodø and Kirkenes. And whenever I approach the destination airport, there are no actice runway lights or Papis when it is dark. It happened since I installed SU11 last week ago.

2 Likes

Hey there, I just played around with my settings and found out that I had the rolling cache set to off. So i set it up with 8 gb again and voila: for most of the airports in question the lights are on again. Only in norway the issue stays persistent!

1 Like

Yes a friend of mine whose lights were working sent me his NVidea and MSFS settings. I matched them up and the runway lights of Norway were there again.

1 Like

This worked for me in the USA as well.

I have noticed this since SU11 was released. I’m doing a world tour and in Europe I have to land with auto land due to this. For example when I was flying to LOWI the airport was totally invisible. No taxi lights no rwy light, no ALS, nothing. But the next day I started from there and the lighting was ok… So it seems it happens in your destination airport, or after flying some minutes or hours

Bump! Same problem here. Starting airport is fine. When flying from A to B, B seems to often have problems with lights.

2 Likes