Flight controls sticking or not responding momentarily requiring 2-3 seconds of pushing pedals and joystick in all directions

Hi All,

Is anyone else having issues with their Logitech 3d pro ‘sticking’ or suddenly not responding?
I’ll be flying and suddenly there is no throttle, rudder or aileron response from the Joystick and rudder pedals.
The plane does respond after about 2-3 seconds of pushing pedals and joystick in all directions (this happens in both propeller and jet aircraft).
It’s only happened with Update 5, before that the controls worked fine.

I’ve tried remapping the flight controls and settings to no avail.
Any help appreciated.

1st August 2021 update - Thanks to those that have replied an upvoted. I can’t complete a flight at all now with the constant unresponsive controls. I’ve also found entering destination parameters into the MCDU of the FBW A320 causes the sim to also become unresponsive for 10 seconds.

1st December 2021 update - The bug has been narrowed down to unresponsive flight controls when right clicking on the mouse to freelook around. We need more upvotes to bring it to the attention of Asobo.

Same here after Update 5, I’m using VKB Gladiator and T16000m and both of them face the same issue.

However the problem only occurs when I’m in Cockpit view, never happened in External view. Strange…

2 Likes

Same thought my throttle was dying but yeah its just FS2020 that has this issue…

3 Likes

Hello, this is not due to your joystick, I have the same problem
with my Saitek yoke/throttle.
I’ve been using the PMDG all the time, but with an asobo plane, everything freezes when I right click on the mouse and keep pressing on it to turn the head for example.

4 Likes

Hi

I am also having this issue with my CH Yoke, which freezes intermittently for 2/3 seconds and then comes back to life. It has worked fine for the past year,not sure what is going on but I assume Update 5 related. I have also tried remapping, reset etc

I have just swapped over devices to try using my Logitech 3Pro and the same problem happens, so nothing to do with devices being used it seems.

Also noticed menu bar at bottom of screen Resume/Load/Save /Restart/ Main Menu no longer works!

These faults occur on all aircraft I have tried to use

1 Like

I have the same problem with the Thrustmaster Airbus Joystick. Some times there is no reaction of the ruder and i can´t do anything. Other flight simulators works fine so it looks like this is a specific problem since the sim update.

2 Likes

My Thrustmaster T.16.000M does not work anymore. It does bevave as expected when i check sensivity in settings. XYZ+slider work fine. After returning to the game everything is disturbed again.
I want back the old SU4 version. It worked so fine and reliable for me.

[UPDATE] Finally I found out that after installing SU5 and/or related Hotfix some entries in - ASSISTANCE OPTIONS / PILOTING / ASSISTED LANDING and/or ASSISTED TAKEOFF had been changed to ON. After setting back to OFF T.16000M works as expected again.

1 Like

Just found out it works flawlessly in 3rd Person. ■■■.

2 Likes

Same problem with the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas One. When looking away and zooming to the outside the controls stop working. When looking straight out of the window I loose control over the throttle until looking down again. Looking away from the control yoke in the cockpit I loose this control as well. In 3rd person everything is fine.

2 Likes

Same issue with Thrustmaster. Reported

2 Likes

Same problem here with the Honeycomb Alpha yoke. It only happened after the update.

4 Likes

Same problem. Control freezes for 2-3 sec T.16000M

1 Like

It seems to go away (at least for me) after 5 or so minutes of flying. I tried changing the yokes controller profile but that did not fix it.

It seems to only happen to me while a controller is connected. I have a wired xbox controller and a wireless Steam controller and I noticed these momentary drops of my yoke and rudder pedals while they were plugged in but unplugging them (or turning off the wireless controller) seems to make everything else work again.

Possible fix:
duplicate your controller’s profile, delete the old one and RESTART the sim. If that doesnt do it -delete the profile, create a new one and restart the sim again. I did both these earlier without restarting the sim and I saw no difference but going back in later tonight I noticed the pausing of the controls had disappeared.

1 Like

I’m gonna try this when I get home.

yeah this update broke a lot of stuff. controls sticking on T-Flight Hotas. really makes this game unplayable for me. not to mention the altitude reporting issue. that’s probably in a different post.

1 Like

Thanks for that information. I deleted my profile straight away to create a new one! :slight_smile:
This solved the problems with the controls.
But there is still a problem when I click and hold the mouse to change the view or do something. It seems that the Thrustmaster is not working in that time. So looking out of the window using the mouse lets me loose control over the aircraft.

2 Likes

I tried this and it didn’t work for me. Still have the same behavior as before

1 Like

Same here with my CH yoke after both the update and hotfix. I hope they fix this issue…

1 Like