Flight controls sticking or not responding momentarily requiring 2-3 seconds of pushing pedals and joystick in all directions

Similar problem with Saitek X52 controller. Goes dead for a bit and sometimes comes back alive. Found that sometimes if I change camera view it kicks back in. Catch 22, by changing camera view it will sometimes cause controls to go dead, aircraft just keeps flying until it crashes. Did not have this problem prior to last update, mandatory update!

This is still horrible. I tried to redo joystick profiles and it didn’t help. How can they mess up joystick controls in flight simulator… this if something would require a hot fix.

Same Here, with a just bought Honeycomb Alpha Yoke. It always happens after the first 5 minutes and the inputs freeze each time more in frequency of the bug and length of it, some of them last for over 15 seconds trying everything without any response

1 Like

Okay guys I think I have figured this one out. JOYSTICK/INPUT DEVICES DO NOT WORK WHILST THE RMB (RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON/MOUSE LOOK) IS BEING HELD DOWN. Go ahead try it. Let go of the RMB and joysitck/throttle/pedal will work again! My rudders don’t work whilst I’m looking left/right. Throttle don’t work whilst I;m looking down. its stupid.
This behaviour defintely started with the latest sim update and needs to be fixed!

5 Likes

It’s more than just right mouse button. It happens randomly in other times as well.

6 Likes

Same issue here. Honeycomb Alpha and Logitech pedals. Controls become unresponsive and only return working with quick inputs to get them “unstuck.” Toe brakes, rudder controls, yolk controls, throttle. All messed up. Makes the sim pretty much unplayable unless you want to use autopilot all flight… Needs a hotfix ASAP.

I’ve also tried changing free look pan to MMB instead of RMB. Didn’t make a difference.

3 Likes

Same problem here, I have a Yoko Yoke as my primary controller and a TH Warthog mostly for using it’s buttons, but also for airplanes with sticks, but if I have both connected at the same time the axis on my TH are erratic and unresponsive, if I unconnect my Yoko it works perfect again.

are you using the global shipping mod? if so remove it and try another flight.

Not using that mod. Pretty much only A32NX and some airports.

It is clear ,there are a few fixes to be done, wait to September Fix to be good!
Extreme 3D Pro here, and no doubt my joystick is good as yours!

YES!!! I’m having same issue! Airbus Thursmaster sidestick and Logitech rudder pedals! please fix this issue ASAP!!!

1 Like

I am having similar issues. My CH Eclipse yoke will throw some random button inputs sometimes or even disconnect totally for a few seconds. I got to the point of disassembling the whole yoke a few times but after I tested it for hours in another simulator I realized it is a FS problem. Besides that, I just bought a full logitech panel setup and the multi panel keeps disconnecting randomly. I think the two issues are related.

1 Like

This bug is very interesting and annoying. It makes my simulator unusable once again.

I have made some tests:

Using DIView, I let the computer plugged in with all my peripherals for 40 hours. I had absolutely no clicks or control spikes or anything on DIView. My joystick was perfect. I have tried pushing buttons and simulating normal usage and it would work flawless.

As soon as I open Flight Simulator I start getting random button pushes ALSO on DIView, which means there is some software problem (it makes me think of some kind of desync) that produces instability in the joystick functionality. Very weird. I tested it over and over and over again and it only happens with MSFS open. Sometimes, when it starts pumping too much action on this “ghost” inputs, the simulator gives me a CTD.

3 Likes

Any news about zendesk ticket? Whole simulator is unusable at the moment. Wonder would it help if we would create more tickets?

2 Likes

I got the same issue with my rudder pedals. It’s so frustrating to not be able to control the nose wheel steering intermittently.
How can anyone mess up software that much. Especially with such basic functionalities like controls. I have for now - and once again - left MSFS for XPlane. What a breeze to be able to control an aircraft fully.

2 Likes

Issue still persist after world update VI.

I think there are a number of different issues here which may or may not be related.

From what I see for some it’s input devices freezing momentarily and others it’s Yokes freezing whilst the mouse right click is being used for free look

For me it’s the later and this began with SU5

I’m using a Logitech Yoke, I’ve a few people mention the issue with this yoke.

Since SU5 my controls go dead for various periods of seconds. Changing views sometimes restores control. Change view again and I loose control. Picking on the GPS map sometimes restores control, pick on map again … loose control. Make sure you are in level flight when attempting anything, if in a bank and controls go dead, a restart is in order …

1 Like

Tried to delete steam configurations fully. No help.

I think I have the same issue as described in the initial post.

With my CH Products yoke the roll axis gets almost unresponsive at random occasions during flight. Not too often, maybe every 2 to 10 hours of flying.

To fix this temporarily: I unplug and re-plug the device, or I move the yoke from left stop to right stop several times. Unplugging seems to help for longer. And sometimes it takes two or three attempts.

I thought that my 16 years old yoke is slowly dying until I found this thread.

1 Like