Flight Design CTSL instrument lights?

Does this plane have instrument or cockpit lights? I couldn’t find

Negative. I’s strictly a VFR aircraft so assumes you’ll never fly it at night.
If you want to fly it at night then you’re left with only Alt + L to use your head torch.

VFR doesn‘t limit anyone or anything to daylight hours only… but a lack of instrument lighting certainly doesn‘t certify for night flying.

To add for clarification:

In Europe there are SERA -rules for night flying which specify the requirements to aircraft an pilot in terms of equipment and liscence. So aircraft that are used for night vfr have to have for example position lights, instrument lights, landing lights, you need to maintain a radio contact and the pilot must have been certified for night flying which includes special training.

So the flight rules to be used depend on aircraft and pilot.

is it like this for real plane also? I think it is so weird.
You may find yourself flying in dark for some reason.

It’s the same IRL.

You don’t fly unintentionally in the dark.

No you may not. You plan your flight and VFR specifies minimum conditions. If you find yourself in the dark „accidentally“ you might reconsider your liscence. The CTSL is simply not certified for night vfr.

1 Like

assume your are in a very remote location with your plane where no one can help you within a shor period of time, they say there will be a very strong tornado, and you need to evacuate…
or your wife’s health is in danger due to an accident.
would you consider your license or would you use your phone’s light to see the gauges?

If it’s an emergency, use a flashlight.

1 Like

From the CT Supralight flight and maintenance manual (one can google up the PDF):

1 Like

It’s not really about your licence privileges (extra Hours for Night VFR).

It’s about the aircraft’s capabilities as detailed above.

As I said, in Europe it‘s about both. You can fly a fully IFR equipped Mooney, if you have a LAPL without the extra qualifications you can‘t fly anything but daylight VFR.

In our case it‘s definitely the aircraft though.