Flight Number not saving

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

No

Brief description of the issue:

Latest update installed 6th December 23.
Since this upgrades, yesterday I have been unable to save my flight number. The save tab has disappeared.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

starting a flight!

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

XBOX

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hey @DoubleDanksy, hope you are well :slight_smile:

I tried to test this but couldn’t reproduce. Is it possible that you may have a conflicting addon installed? That may be the cause :cowboy_hat_face:

Blue skies! :airplane:

Not sure really. It has never been a problem before this latest update.
I don’t have the save Tab at the bottom anymore. Can’t even recall if it was there previously, but in flight number box, it is now not populating the text, deleting after moving to a different page, or displaying two of these **

So frustrating

I cannot reproduce the “not saving” issue. I don’t remember if in the previous version there was a save tab but I can leave/enter the “Customization” menu and all data stay there.
But what also happened when trying to reproduce the OP issue is the other one DoubleDanksy reported with stars * in the Call Sign. The 4 letters I entered as Call Sign have been transformed into stars *. This is the second time it happens after SU14 (I did not test before) and I am not able to reproduce the steps. I just know it happened after having left the Customization window and re-enter (multiple times). If I change them back to letters they stay as letters. If I can find a way to reproduce the issue I’ll create a bug report.

And those stars * are used by the ATC:

I have disabled all my addons for that test and I am using ms-store/pc version

1 Like

Found that similar report in the support forum:

I have tried various combinations but cannot find a pattern to reproduce the issue, looks like aleatory

Also have a look at this report:

Does this reporting get looked at by asobo, or MS? Not sure how this process works and not understanding discord Im at a loss of what to do.

Asobo team and Moderators are looking at that forum, so for sure your report will be seen. We know that a report has been sent to the dev team when it has been flagged, below the explanation of those flags. I would think that in order for your issue to be feedback-logged we should 1st identify a way to replicate it in all cases.
I am also wondering if your issue not the same as reported in the link I have provided in my previous post and this one is already feedback-logged. I have tried a flight number with a zero but it is saved without any issue. So for me it can happen whatever the number are, for the moment issue looks random.

1 Like

Or if interest had these problems manifested before the latest update for you? I’ve never seen this before and seems coincidental that reported updates to the ATC system have been implemented.
I’m predominantly flying the PMDG, but this is happening randomly in any the Cirrus and Beechcraft this far.

Ditto … no such issue here as well

I flying General Aviation so not using Call Sign/Flight Number. Just curious in trying to replicate your issue.