Flight Numbers being censored. Why?

Adding a few numbers tested to be censored (including those mentioned above):

Also bear in mind that if you have already flown a flight, you cannot test what numbers are censored unless you restart the entire MSFS.

2 Likes

it’ll be fun looking up the stories behind some of these banned flight numbers

But seeing as you can be N42069 gotta kinda accept it is what it is maybe

1 Like

Great post. I use 901, so I’m safe with my number, but flying airlines like Air Canada and Air France with the ATC jamming it all together is super annoying. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for confirming this. Oddly, it worked fine for almost 2 1/2 years. This did not follow an update either.

1 Like

At this point I’m not sure if this is by design for some reason or a bug - will update the thread when I know more. This item has been tagged with #feedback-logged, meaning our team will investigate and attempt to reproduce the issue.

Thank you for providing more numbers for an example!

3 Likes

I just bumped into this. I usually set up flight ACA 113 for a Toronto → Vancouver sim flight (have done for a long time in MSFS), but it is stopping me from putting in 113 as the number now. Because 113 was in there earlier, it changed it to *** to protect my gentle eyes.

I guess any flight with 113 might be filtered due to this unfortunate accident back in 1988?

I sort of get what they are trying to do, and it’s nice to think that people care out of respect for things that had happened, but it does seems a bit simplistic to not allow the entire possible range of callsigns that might end in 113.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with previous air disasters, as the game lets you use numbers from even more infamous ones. It must be a glitch or some unknown other reason.

1 Like

Are you referring to how ATC pronounces it, like Canaaaaada? :grinning:

If so, a dash in there will correct the pronunciation (i.e. air-canada or air-france).

2 Likes

Let me guess
 :slight_smile:

Or:

:rofl:

2 Likes

Can it be that an AI traffic aircraft has the same identifier?

2 Likes

That has never mattered before and it even does it with AI, Multiplayer & Live traffic off or on
it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

That’s strange, I jus saw a traffic with flight number 113 not being censored.

1 Like

Guys I just noticed that I can input all previous known “censored” flight numbers now.
I tried 113, 118 and 605, all seems to be allowed now. Can someone confirm?

1 Like

They are still not working for me. East coast server USA. I have tried all the other servers too.

1 Like

yeah just one flight later it failed again.

2 Likes

I always fly with the Flight number GTI but since this weeks update it won’t let me enter that, in either the call sign or flight number

It’s really aggravating

Tried MJN GTI as the callsign and the whole lot gets censored.

What is going on?

1 Like

Any new info on this mystery?

Thanks,
Jim

Hello @blueline308,
Please do not ping team members. With many reports and issues throughout the forums of varying degrees of priority, they will get back to you. The issue was only reported 8 days ago.

As noted, the thread will be updated when they know more.

Thank you.

Just wondering if this is now working for anyone? It’s been a while since it has been mentioned.

Also, some specific flight numbers seem to be “censored” –

Looks like Asobo Devs searched an Aircraft Accident Database, and extracted the flight numbers of plane that had incidents, and then made then Invalid Flight numbers in MSFS 2020.

Shame the “detection” does not happen at the point when one is entering one’s desired flight number
 would save a lot of Pilot Frustration.

308 -
On January 8, 1959, about 2032 e. s. t., a DC-3, Southeast Airlines Flight 308, struck a mountainside during an ILS approach to the Tri-City Airport, Tennessee. The aircraft was demolished by the impact and subsequent fire. All occupants—seven passengers and three crew members—received fatal injuries.

Officials say a Delta Airlines plane landed safely at Little Rock National Airport after striking a flock of large birds. Airport spokeswoman T.J. Williams says the pilots of Flight 5087 from Atlanta to Little Rock reported hitting the birds Friday afternoon about 20 miles southeast of the Arkansas airport.

Kenya Airways (KQ) flight KQ 606 suffered low cabin pressure during a routine flight from Nairobi (NBO) to Mombasa (MBA). In a statement, Kenya Airways confirmed that the incident occurred on January 12, 2023, at around 14:40 hours, about 25 minutes after take-off.

United Air Lines Flight 608 was a Douglas DC-6 airliner, registration NC37510, on a scheduled passenger flight from Los Angeles to Chicago when it crashed at 12:29 pm on October 24, 1947 about 1.5 miles (2.4 km) southeast of Bryce Canyon Airport, Utah, United States.

Indian Airlines Flight 113 was a flight operating from Mumbai to Ahmedabad that crashed on its final approach to Ahmedabad Airport on 19 October 1988, killing 133 of the 135 people on board. VT-EAH, the aircraft involved in the accident.

The aircraft crashed into an abandoned farmhouse approximately 2 kilometres (1.2 mi; 1.1 nmi) from the airport. All 85 persons on board perished in the crash and subsequent fire. One person in the village also died. Flight 118 was a seasonal daily flight from Madrid to A Coruña favoured by tourists.