Flight plan problem in the PFD (bug)

I took your advice, it worked with the Simbrief flight plans applied directly in MCDU, thank you very much.

I tried this before and it didn’t work. Thank you

Notice the VFR Map has the ‘CORRECT FLIGHT PLAN’ the ND does not. Neither does the FMGC. If you look at the ND you’ll see the plan is flying off the line. Both have way points added after going thru the flight planner and pressing “FLY”. CLEARLY this is a BUG and should be addressed. VOTE to fix!

the GPS positions are the same
 the difference is that on the ND the STAR and the APPR is shown including the waypoints that you did not ask for
and of course SIMBRIEF does not supply SIDs or STARS, because in real life you get that information when you get clearance from ATC. In MSFS flight planner you add a “departure” and a “arrival”. If you use that plan it will fly that plan. If you use the MCDU in the A320neo you just fill in the departure airport and ramp and nothing more. Than you load the either manually the MCDU of load the SimBrief flight plan. Next to that you must attach a SID and a STAR and a ARRIVAL to the DEP and DES.

1 Like

Your advice worked perfectly. Thanks.

I am having this exact problem. It started a week ago and it is wrecking my previuos enjoyment of the Sim. EVERY flight plan I have put in the last seven days has included a diversion to D0 - which I believe is somewhere off the west coast of Africa. Even if I succeed in deleting it the aircraft seems to fly the D0 route anyway. I tried bringing this up with Navigraph but they have washed their hands of it - probably because they know it is essentially an FS2020 bug,

Mu question to anyone who may know the answer is - how can i get my MCDU to forget this co-ordinate for good. Advice appreciated from anyone.

Indeed, this seems to be caused by the simulator itself. Here are my thoughts on the issue:

I have attached two flightplans (exported from the simulator) that both have this issue. One contains a D0 as well as a DLast waypoint, and the other only contains an extra D0. I have also seen cases where there have been a short series of waypoints following this format, for example D0, D1 etc.

KJFKDEEZ.PLN (19.0 KB)
KSEAKBNA.PLN (12.6 KB)

Investigations

What all of these flightplans have had in common is the fact that they contained vectored approaches, where the simulator cannot predict the path from the airport to the first waypoint in the SID. I’m guessing this applies to STARs as well, but I have yet to see such a scenario. After trying some of the flightplans mentioned here, it seems like it does not like procedures that include VOR intercepts either.

Conclusion?

It is my (somewhat educated) guess that the simulator adds these waypoints in order to handle those kinds of procedures for some reason. You should never get this issue if you don’t let the simulator do any changes to your flightplan.

To prevent any changes from being done, do not change anything on the world map screen after importing a PLN file made somewhere else, such as Simbrief or Navigraph Charts. If you change anything, like the selected approach or the departure, the simulator will re-calculate the whole route with its own way of doing so. This completely erases every trace of the originally imported flightplan.

I tried recreating the routes from the attachments above using Navigraph Charts, and was successful in loading the resulting PLN file in the simulator without any Dx waypoints. In order to do this with Simbrief, you have to load the flightplan (again, without changing anything in the world map) and add the SID/STAR through your aircraft’s FMC/MCDU or similar.

Here’s hoping that this helps someone not pull their hair out!

EDIT:
Also, as @DreadfulHydra50 mentioned, playing around with the system locales seem to work for quite a few people. There seems to be at least two ways of doing this, one is already mentioned in this thread and here’s another one:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/flight-plan-misleading-sid-star/158640/2

Kind Regards,
Malte @ Navigraph

1 Like

Thanks for this. This makes sense after a bizarre flight into Dresden I had last night. Firstly, I think the dreaded D0 must have got into the flightplan somewhere as the 'plane kept trying to turn off route. Secondly I did make some changes to the world map with the result the my A320 flew a completely random final transition into Dresden, which I eventually identified but which had not been mentioned in either the imported flightplan or in the world map.

I really wish Asobo would prioritize fixing this stuff over adding yet more landmarks, most of which I never even bother to look at. I would like to fly on VATSIM, but how can I when the navigation is so buggy and unpredictable?

Steve Clarke

Have you tried the following:
~ In Windows Control Panel go to : Region → Administrative Tab-> Change System Locale

~ Turn off: “Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support”
~ Reboot PC
~ Restart FS2020.

?

I’ve had this issue with the experimental branch. I found doing either these two fixes the issue. When on ground go through your route with the PFD and MCDU and if you see that it does what it does on the image, restart the flight or reload the aircraft in developer mode. Then on the INIT page after restating, on the MCDU request route and re-key in the departure and arrival as it won’t be there. This is the easiest option.

Or if you want to do it manually, you could go through your route and you’ll find duplicates in the route. This is what’s causing it. Remove the duplicates by going through the route individually checking that waypoint-to-waypoint is correct and doesn’t have part of the route in between where it starts after where the route starts to go all over the place and where it should actually start (you’ll see the same waypoint after going down if that makes sense). For example:

VAVIX - PPN - NOLSA - ALEPO - VASUM - PPN - NOLSA - ALEPO - GARVU etc

This is where it’s duplicated if you get what I’m saying. It needs to be VASUM - GARVU

Sounds complicated but if you understand what I meant you’ll find this fixes the issue. It’s only temporary unfortunately. Hope this helps