Flight Planner Bug: Plotting a new route in the world map doesn't take effect

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

Community folder shouldn’t impact this, but I will remove and retest – and delete – if this impacts the issue.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Brief description of the issue:

Plot a flight from one place to another.

Do that flight in an aircraft without GPS. Example: Spitfire, m339

Exit to the main menu.

Now, plot a flight from the same departure to another.

It will ignore your settings and retain the original flight plan destination.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

[in progress of getting screenshots]

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I already described it in the brief description.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

i9 10900
RTX 3080
32 GB RAM
SSD

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Latest.

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

MS Store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

Not yet.

How are you plotting that second flight, are you ending the flight and returning to the World Map to do it? are you doing through the GPS/FMS/MCDU in the aircraft? Which aircraft are you using if the second option?

If genuinely are seeing a bug that you actually want resolved, you need to at least give the devs useful information to investigate.

And how would one go about that, exactly?

As requested already here.

And please try to give full information. You can be snarky in your answers to questions from the default template, but that is not going to help anyone.

I noticed the same issue.

Here is how I described it in another thread:

When you set a flight plan (ex: Rio to São Paulo) in the World Map, this same flight plan appears when you start another different flight, even if you made a new flight plan in the World Map.

It’s like if the game didn’t delete the previous flight plan, so you are stuck with the original flight plan.

This issue is happening with the Solo Ultralight and the Savage Cub, but doesn’t appear to be happening with the Icon A5.

Perfect, a little more testing, but it appears to be happen when using GPS Direct To in non-GPS equipped aircraft. As soon as you choose IFR- Low Altitude it updates correctly on the new flight.

Hopefully this bug can be fixed in the next update or hotfix, but it’s good there is a workaround.

My bad, it was late when I posted that for me and I was tired. You EXIT OUT to the main menu and plan it again. For me, it did not take the new settings.

1 Like

To accomplish that, you exit to the main menu and plan ANOTHER flight from the same destination to another destination. This happened to me multiple times.

My intention is to help – I realize some of my answers in the template are a little snarky, that’s my bad, I was frustrated. I’ll edit the template answers.

1 Like

We’ve all been there, importantly though it did start a dialogue that’s helping narrow down the situations that trigger it and possible workarounds.

After thinking about it more, I wonder if I caused the problem with Navigraph. In my original (snarky :stuck_out_tongue: ) template answer, I mentioned I didn’t move anything out of the Community folder. I had to troubleshoot the update because it wasn’t starting for me, and one of the things I did was move everything out of the Community folder, including the Navigraph folder. After getting the update to work, I put the Working Title GPS mods and used the Navigraph app to install the nav data back in. I wonder if that could have an effect on things. Perhaps using the Navigraph app to uninstall the data and retesting could be in order.

If I recall correctly, this was happening to me in a Spitfire as well (pretty sure thats non GPS :slight_smile: ).

I don’t use navigraph (or any mod) and still have this issue.

Ah, well back to the drawing board. Thanks for letting me know! I’m glad it seems I didn’t cause the problem.

Nah, whenever trying to reproduce bugs I rename my community folder and run stock, and I can reproduce this. Still need to test the VOR-VOR option on non GPS equipped equipped aircraft. If that goes as expected it will narrow it down to purely using the GPS Direct option with non GPS equiped aircraft, which should be an easy ZenDesk submission.

Normally do my flying either in a GPS equipped plane, or without a flight plan, so this one went right under the radar.

More testing done and it’s worse than I initially thought, while using the IFR options in the flight planner will cause the Nav Log in sim to successfully update, the VFR map in sim will ONLY update to the new flight plan when using a GPS equipped plane. Tested using the C152, Savage Cub, Pitts Special, and DR400.

The VFR map updates below as I quickly switched to the C172 between tests to confirm the map does update properly with GPS equipment.

1 Like

This has been exactly my experience as well. Thanks for so much detailed reporting. It’s a bummer because I love flying non GPS planes, lol. Probably why I ran into it so quickly.

I normally only use non GPS planes for circuits and local airwork, so never needed the VFR Map or Navlog, so I would never have noticed this.

So had a crazy thought, let’s see how this bug interacts with Bush Trips. Doing a Bush Trip as your second flight, everything works normally. Doing a Bush Trip as your first flight…well…

It’s a great way to practice and/or try it out with other planes.

I’m trying to figure out a workaround to no avail so far. I’ve tried resetting the flight plan, selecting an entirely new destination, restarting from the cinematic intro screen… So far no dice.

Only 2 ‘workarounds’ I’ve founds so far are;

1. Load the flight with a GPS equipped plane to update the Navlog and VFR Map, end the flight, start with aircraft of your choice.

2. Load the flight with a GPS equipped plane then use Developer Mode to change to your aircraft of choice.

The first option takes longer, the second one won’t go into your logbook.

1 Like

Ack, I was afraid of that. Option #1 is what I am doing now. I guess I can live with it. I usually fly non-GPS aircraft so this is a painful bug. I’m surprised more people haven’t weighed in with the same experience.