Flight stick controlling mouse cursor

Hello I was wondering if I could get some help. My joystick is a rather old model (Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2) but was able to work fine. However it wants to act like a mouse inside of the MS flight sim application whenever I move the z-axis on my yoke or the X-slider which is annoying during flight as it ends up manipulating the camera as I try to fly.

Additional notes: the joystick only acts as a mouse in this program and has no functionality on my desktop
This is a new computer I have built and as this joystick is meant for “plug-and-play” I have downloaded no software to control this flight stick

Could be as simple as setting the inputs from the inside the game.

Unless I missed it I did not see an option to remove the control of the mouse with that stick. Otherwise it works fine

Check in both the tabs for mouse and controller. They each can be set to do the same actions.

Right, I just dont see an option to control the cursor

Okay, it might be time to go to zendesk and do a bug report.

I think have a sidewinder I can test later.

I did and was instructed to reinstall my peripherals drivers, which is not the issue because the flight sick works just fine. I simply need the ability to remove cursor control from my stick

1 Like

Did you check it in windows devices?

I didn’t see a need to. It has no functionality outside this program so I believe it is an issue within the program itself

I would suggest in the start menu go to windows system then find control panel and open it. Then open devices and printers. Your sidewinder should be there, right click and choose settings. Then click properties and do the test. If it isn’t fully working click the other tab and calibrate.

That is not my issue. I believe that because it is not one of the officially supported flight sticks. That the software written to handle unsupported controllers is assigning my flight stick with cursor control. I want to remove this function from the flight stick. All functions of the flight stick itself perform flawlessly