Flight training - I get to 6000ft, turning left, but I can't pass

I’m two days new into MSFS. Using a Logitech 310 gamepad while I wait for a control stick to arrive. I’ve wobbled my way through the flight training up until the “Consolidation” one (6?) where I need to climb to 6000ft while turning to a southerly heading.

The problem is - I do both of these, and it won’t clear my task list. Happily at 6000 - and travelling south - and eventually it just says I’ve flown out of the training space and it restarts me.

I can only assume I’m not doing something right. To climb, I increase throttle, and pull back slightly on the stick. And when I get to 6000 I drop the throttle, ease off, and set the trim to hold there. And this is all while turning left as instructed.

I’m going to re-do the whole training series when my stick arrives anyway, but I have been enjoying at least learning with the gamepad, and it’s a bit frustrating to get stuck here.

Thanks.
John

Yesterday out of nowhere i completed all training… stuff… just on keyboard and mouse…

It aint easy tbh… but it aint hard either.

Yeah, it isn’t tough to get through it - I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong on this 6000ft climb.

have you solved the training problem?

i meet the same problem today and don’t know how to finish the training

The issues with these scripted trainings are going back to FS9 days and Rod Machado. Scripting gets jumbled or confused or not written properly you miss a trigger by a hair and you are stuck. I know they are an itch you want to scratch and get yourself the completion achievement but just give up on it if it doesn’t trigger on the first or second try. Follow a youtube flight that does the same thing learn for the sake of learning and be done with it.

I got in the same boat with Alaska Bush trips they are severely broken so I just said da heck with it, (well it’s not what I said exactly), Dropped all of my POI GPS coordinates from the script text files into simbrief and happily flying them on my own in the planes I want to fly them in, in both MSFS and Xplane contrast and comparing sceneries :).

That said FS Academy trainings are pretty robust I am yet to break one and not for the lack of trying I’ve changed planes around in it starting conditions and they still work. :).

1 Like

Embarrassingly, it turned out I wasn’t reading the altimeter right. I was at 600 ft not 6000!!!

Hi there,

Thanks for this, I did spend quite some time making the missions more robust than the alternatives.

Whilst not totally infallible I am really happy with how they work, especially with the recent updates to FS Academy - IFR and FS Academy - VFR, which add in game markers, full spoken dialog with subtitles and on-screen objectives.

David

They are money well spent for me and I’ve been simming since early FS days and your mission packs are still fun and educational. Only small annoyance I have are subtitles. Is there a way to turn them off or relocate them to a different section of the screen the way they are displayed they are covering good portion of the six pack and with default plane flight dynamics what they are it helps to constantly scan the instruments as well as outside, and subtitles get in the way. You are still waiting for Asobo to do its thing to implement progression percentages right?

1 Like

Hi, yes I think there is an option to disable subtitles in settings.
I don’t expect to implement percentages as these were not originally intended, but were forced in by being located in the bush trips menu, which has since been fixed.

Just looked and you can find subtitles settings under OPTIONS-GENERAL-ACCESIBILITY