Flight Visual Screen for A310-300?

Starting from parking.

How can I enable the screen visual on A310-300 where I can see airplane angles in relationship to horizon. Speed. Altitude and vspeed? Sorry I don’t know what the name of it is, but its usually there in most airplanes.

Is it possible to display this screen? Is there a button for it on the A310-300 I can press to show that display?

Thanks.

Hi :wave:

I’m not sure if it’s the case, so I have to ask : is it this thing that you’re searching for ?

It is right in front of you in the cockpit, so I’m understanding that your question is about the screen being dark, right ? If so, look at the knobs that are on the left hand of the pilot. They’re made to control backlight, but when turned full of, they’ll shut down the screen.

Note that I do this from memory (I don’t have the a310 in front of me right now), so I might be wrong on where exactly the knob is :wink:

EDIT : note, if this is the instrument you were searching for, it is called “the PFD”, “Primary Flight Display”. On its right, you’ll find the “ND” for Navigation Display, which is the Airbus name of what is usually called “MFD” (Multi-Function Display) on other planes.

1 Like

Haha yes, sorry I didnt know the name. Thank you so much, I will try that asap.

My display was showing something completely different. Probably standard for manual start. I love manually starting the a310 =D

1 Like

Sorry my computer was send to repair, coulden’t check this out, untill now I got cloud accces.

I think I pressed every button in the cockpit, when starting manually from park, it doesn’t show PFD. Even when I take off it’s still no PFD. The brightness is good but its another information on the main screen.
Can’t find any button to switch it to PFD.

Possibly a dumb question, but are you turning on and aligning the 3 IRS?

If they aren’t on and aligned, the PFD is not going to display what you’re expecting it to.

Does your display look like this:

2 Likes

haha yes exactly. that is what I see.

I turned the 3 irs knobs (irs 1, irs 2, irs 3) on top, to NAV. There was another mode, I forgot the name, when I turn the knob one more to the right. Another 3 letter mode. Is that the one you mean?

2 Likes

You turn each IRS to NAV as you are doing, but you need to enter your departure and arrival airport codes into the FMS and then press the FMS soft key next to “ALIGN IRS”.

Depending on how you have it set up, the IRS alignment might be instant, fast or realistic in the time it takes to align. You can select how you want that to be via the Settings tab on the EFB.

See this screenshot, on the INIT page, you enter your two airports. You can see I have KPRB/KLAX entered in the top right. Then you can see that ALIGN IRS is next to the 4th softkey on the right. Press that and the IRS alignment process will begin:

See the second row on the EFB’s Settings page to set the IRS Alignment time:

2 Likes

Wow, thank you so much! I finally get it hehe.

2 Likes