FlightSimulator.exe is now 16bit? "Unsupported 16-bit application" on startup

Thank you. That worked for me a s well.

That’s affecting all games I have on Xbox, I’m pretty annoyed by this since I reverted to the last update and it stopped working after a day again even without the update.

It is now working again after leaving anything related to Insider Program and after restarting the PC, hope this won’t stop working again.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello everyone, unfortunately I have the same problem since yesterday. I downloaded the latest updates for Win 11 and now the Flight Sim does not start anymore. Supposedly because of the 16 bit variant. I have read that Win 11 x64 does not support 16 bit anymore, but the game requires a 64 bit architecture. Can someone help me?

Best regards Patrick

I had the same problem and was able to fix the issue by logging into xbox app and selecting repair mode. Open the Xbox app.
Sign in with your Microsoft account.
In My Library, search for Microsoft Flight Simulator or mouse over the Microsoft Flight Simulator icon in the “installed” menu.
Click on the 3 dots menu then select Manage.
Click on the Files tab then click on Verify And Repair.

I had the same problem and was able to fix the issue by logging into xbox app and selecting repair mode. Open the Xbox app.
Sign in with your Microsoft account.
In My Library, search for Microsoft Flight Simulator or mouse over the Microsoft Flight Simulator icon in the “installed” menu.
Click on the 3 dots menu then select Manage.
Click on the Files tab then click on Verify And Repair.

mam ten sam problem wyskakuje komunikat ze gra nie jest niezgodnosc z 64-bitowa wersja systemu windows

I have the same problem, I get a message that the game is not compatible with the 64-bit version of Windows

Apparently others are seeing the same error message and the forum system seems to think the problem has been solved. However, referring to the “solution” I have never joined “Windows Gaming” via the Xbox Insider app and in fact I have never even used the Xbox app on this PC. Yet I am still seeing the error. So does anyone actually know what is causing this error and how to fix it???

Had similar issue a while back. Disable Windows fast boot. There is a incompatibility issue with fast boot, as windows saves the memory from a previous boot and saves the wrong msfs exe info.

Fast Boot has been turned off since I installed Windows on this PC three years ago.

Ive got the same problem since updating to WIN 11 please help

Easy fix went to the Xbox App and clicked on the options of MSFS2020 Game and clicked Verify and Repair, I’ve relaunched and the game works,