Fly Everywhere

I was wanting to start an ambitious world tour, so it occurred that visiting every country would be a fun thing to do. But what are all the countries? And what about other territories that are not recognised by the United Nations but are still de-facto independent states? And what about dependent territories (usually Islands)? So I’ve decided to visit all of those (300 destinations).

I’m not doing it in any particular order (kudus to @daedalus5968 for doing countries in alphabetical order). I’ll also be doing on Xbox, if that makes any difference and I’ll try to have a good look around the ‘main sights’ in each territory.

The destination list: (please open the drop-downs for the detailed list)

193 UN designated countries.

Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Andorra
Angola
Antigua and Barbuda
Argentina
Armenia
Australia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belarus
Belgium
Belize
Benin
Bhutan
Bolivia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Botswana
Brazil
Brunei Darussalam
Bulgaria
Burkina Faso
Burundi
Cabo Verde
Cambodia
Cameroon
Canada
Central African Republic
Chad
Chile
China
Colombia
Comoros
Congo (Democratic)
Congo (Republic)
Costa Rica
Côte d’Ivoire
Croatia
Cuba
Cyprus
Czechgia
Denmark
Djibouti
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Estonia
Eswatini
Ethiopia
Fiji
Finland
France
Gabon
Gambia
Georgia
Germany
Ghana
Greece
Grenada
Guatemala
Guinea
Guinea-Bissau
Guyana
Haiti
Honduras
Hungary
Iceland
India
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Jamaica
Japan
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Kiribati
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Latvia
Lebanon
Lesotho
Liberia
Libya
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Madagascar
Malawi
Malaysia
Maldives
Mali
Malta
Marshall Islands
Mauritania
Mauritius
Mexico
Micronesia
Moldova
Monaco
Mongolia
Montenegro
Morocco
Mozambique
Myanmar
Namibia
Nauru
Nepal
Netherlands
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Niger
Nigeria
North Korea
North Macedonia
Norway
Oman
Pakistan
Palau
Panama
Papua New Guinea
Paraguay
Peru
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Qatar
Romania
Russian Federation
Rwanda
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Samoa
San Marino
Sao Tome and Principe
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Serbia
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
Solomon Islands
Somalia
South Africa
South Korea
South Sudan
Spain
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Suriname
Sweden
Switzerland
Syrian Arab Republic
Tajikistan
Tanzania
Thailand
Timor-Leste
Togo
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Tunisia
Turkey
Turkmenistan
Tuvalu
Uganda
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
United States of America
Uruguay
Uzbekistan
Vanuatu
Venezuela
Vietnam
Yemen
Zambia
Zimbabwe

15 de-facto independent states

Abkhazia
Cook Islands
Iraqi Kurdistan
Kosovo
Nagorno-Karabakh
Niue
North Sentinel Island
Northern Cyprus
Palestine
Somaliland
South Ossetia
Taiwan
Transnistria
Vatican City
Western Sahara

87 Dependent territories (mostly islands)

Akrotiri
Åland Islands
Alaska (US State)
American Samoa
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Anguilla
Aruba
Ascension Island
Ashmore and Cartier Islands
Baker Island
Bassas da India
Bermuda
Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba
Bouvet Island
British Indian Ocean Territory
Canary Islands
Cayman Islands
Christmas Island
Clipperton Island
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Coral Sea Islands
Crimea
Curaçao
Dhekelia
Easter Island
Europa Island
Falkland Islands
Faroe Islands
French Guiana
French Polynesia
French Southern Territories
Gibraltar
Glorioso Islands
Greenland
Guadeloupe
Guam
Guernsey
Hawaii (US State)
Heard Island and McDonald Islands
Hong Kong
Howland Island
Isle of Man
Jan Mayen Island
Jarvis Island
Jersey
Johnston Atoll
Juan de Nova Island
Kaliningrad
Kingman Reef
Macao
Madeira
Martinique
Mayotte
Midway Islands
Montserrat
Musandam Governorate
Nakhchivan
Navassa Island
Netherlands Antilles
New Caledonia
Norfolk Island
Northern Mariana Islands
Palmyra Atoll
Paracel Islands
Pitcairn
Puerto Rico
Réunion
Saint Barthélemy
Saint Helena
Saint Martin (French Part)
Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Sark
Sint Maarten (Dutch part)
Sokh
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
Spratly Islands
Svalbard
Tibet
Tokelau
Tristan da Cunha
Tromelin Island
Turks and Caicos Islands
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands (British)
Virgin Islands (US)
Wake Island
Wallis and Futuna Islands

5 other locations

Antarctica
Bir Tawil
Cyprus United Nations Buffer Zone
Navajo Nation
North Pole

193 Countries
208 States
300 Total territory destinations.

Anywhere I’ve missed would be welcome. Comments or friendly heckling as we progress is also welcome. :grin:

9 Likes

Can you share the flight plans?

Once Xbox is up and running I’ll have to figure out how to do that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah, you’re running on XBox. Sharing flight plans can be a challange then. Maybe you can list the airports only here. (From - To, eg KADS - KATL)

1 Like

For sure, I’ll list where I’ve gone (with airports and codes). :blush:

2 Likes

@SofaJockey I have seen your name in a few threads lately and I have to say that I admire your enthusiasm about MSFS and for today’s release. This thread exemplifies that enthusiasm. Learn all that you can to reach the desired level of competency that works for you and your style of flying in the sim. Then enjoy the heck out of it. Happy Flying!

3 Likes

Hello, i did this in FSX years ago, couldnt finish because of real life.
Restarted with X-Plane again had to stop because i moved abroad.
I will restart it with MSFS. This time i am planning to finish (probably it will take around 3-4 years to finish, now i am 40 and married so have limited time :smiley: ). I have been waiting for a proper long range tubeliner developed. Also waiting for performance improvements for the sim.

Here is the list i prepared for MSFS. I also added a screenshot if you want to see overall view.
Ayki’s World Tour MSFS Edition

EDIT: While i was doing it in FSX i tried to keep it simple because of 32bit limitations. I used default 737, ATC and in game flight plan. So i am sure this applies to Flight Simulator as well. You do not need any addons. Just create flight plan by using ingame one and enjoy.

Good luck on your journey.

3 Likes

are you going to fly the trip airport a to airport b to airport c, or are you just going to start off at the different airports?

Edit after Bubba’s post.
I realized I Forgot to write these:
Original List → #1 to #2 then #3. So 1st in the list is the airport i departed to 2nd. (in fsx and xplane one i came to halfway and stopped before africa)
For MSFS → since scenery is beautiful,l will fly from #1 to #2. Then fly a propeller for sight seeing then depart #2.
So in this case i will depart JFK and fly to Montreal, then jump on one of the small planes (icon may be or a faster plane) to see Montreal. Then leave Montreal and fly to Boston and repeat :slight_smile:

Awesome. I’ll be pleased to also make the attempt, thanks for sharing. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes thats what I was interested in. What ever version of FS previously, had the Spirit of St. Louis in it I recreated Lindbergs NY to Paris flight non-stop just like the real thing it was quite and adventure for a computer game lol ;p

The other one I re-created was the 747 that just disappeard out of Indonesia, there was a theory that terroists had some how gotten ahold of the plane and hijacked it. So I found out the fuel load, and flight plan from the net, I climbed to the ALT that the plane was reported to have climbed too, turned off the passengers O2 so that no one could use a cell phone, proceeded to drop to sea level and the other side of the mountain and flew all the way to Pakistan where I found a deserted Mil base to land at, and still had fuel to spare. LOL of course since then I believe that they have found traces of the plane, but it was another fun little trip.

2 Likes

Good thing, i remember i had to edit the default 737 in FSX to make it fly as far as a 777.

In Flight Simulator we have unlimited fuel! You can do it with any plane :smiley:

LOL the good old days I had a b52 that could do 1500 knts and not tear apart in a turn…

1 Like

Country #1 - United Kingdom (England)

Day #1. Off we go. Chose a Beechcraft Bonanza for the UK. Headed from Berkshire (White Waltham) to Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, West Sussex, East Sussex, Kent, Surrey, Greater London and London City, picking up a few sights en route. Obviously I flew past my house because everyone does.

Fly Everywhere statistics:

1/300 Territories visited - 1/193 Countries - 0/15 Independent States - 0/87 Dependencies - 0/5 Other Locations - 8 legs - 9 Regions - 9 Airports/Airfields - 21 snapshots taken

England - 9 Regions (so far) - Locations and flight plans:

Berkshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Surrey, West Sussex, East Sussex, Kent, Greater London, City of London

EGLM - EGHI - White Waltham Airfield, Berkshire to Southampton Airport, Hampshire
EGHI - EGHJ - Southampton Airport, Hampshire to Bembridge Airport, Isle of Wight
EGHJ - EGTD - Bembridge Airport, Isle of Wight to Dunsfold Aerodrome, Surrey
EGTD - EGKA - Dunsfold Aerodrome, Surrey to Shoreham Airport, West Sussex
EGKA - EGOJ - Shoreham Airport, West Sussex to Witherenden Airstrip, East Sussex
EGOJ - EGHB - Witherenden Airstrip, East Sussex to Maypole Airfield, Kent
EGHB - EGKB - Maypole Airfield, Kent to Biggin Hill Airport, Greater London
EGKB - EGLC - Biggin Hill Airport, Greater London to London City Airport, City of London

White Waltham, Berkshire (EGLM)

My house (cough)

Windsor Castle, Berkshire

Winchester Cathedral, Hampshire

Southampton Airport, Hampshire (EGHI)

Spinnaker Tower, Portsmouth, Hampshire

Isle of Wight

Bembridge Airport, Sandown, Isle of Wight (EGHJ)

Top Gear track, Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey

Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey (EGTD)

Shoreham Airport, West Sussex (EGKA)

Brighton Pier, West Sussex

Witherenden Airfield, East Sussex (EGOJ)

Wind Farm, East Sussex

White Cliffs, Dover

Canterbury Cathedral, Kent

Maypole Airfield, Kent (EGHB)

Biggin Hill Airfield, London (EGKB)

Parliament and London Eye

City of London

London City Airport (EGLC)

5 Likes

Great pics, will be interested in this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Day #2. Leaving London City heading north through Essex up to Norfolk and then South West to Wiltshire picking up a few counties and sights. Changed aircraft twice, first to the Diamond DA62 and later to the Daher TBM 930. I wanted a less ‘bouncy’ aircraft for landing.

1/300 Territories visited - 1/193 Countries - 0/15 Independent States - 0/87 Dependencies - 0/5 Other Locations - 17 legs - 18 Regions - 18 Airports/Airfields - 38 snapshots taken

England - 18 Regions (so far) - Locations and flight plans:

Berkshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Surrey, West Sussex, East Sussex, Kent, Greater London, City of London, Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire

EGLM - EGHI - White Waltham Airfield, Berkshire to Southampton Airport, Hampshire
EGHI - EGHJ - Southampton Airport, Hampshire to Bembridge Airport, Isle of Wight
EGKA - EGOJ - Shoreham Airport, West Sussex to Witherenden Airstrip, East Sussex
EGKB - EGLC - Biggin Hill Airport, Greater London to London City Airport, City of London

Today:
EGLC - EGMC - London City Airport, City of London to Southend Airport, Essex
EGMC - EGSM - Southend Airport, Essex to Beccles Airfield, Suffolk
EGSM - EGSH - Beccles Airfield, Suffolk to Norwich Airport, Norfolk
EGSH - EGSU - Norwich Airport, Norfolk to Duxford Aerodrome, Cambridgeshire
EGSU - EGBF - Duxford Aerodrome, Cambridgeshire to Bedford Aerodrome, Bedfordshire
EGBF - EGTR - Bedford Aerodrome, Bedfordshire to Elstree Aerodrome, Hertfordshire
EGTR - EGLD - Elstree Aerodrome, Hertfordshire to Denham Aerodrome, Buckinghamshire
EGLD - EGVN - Denham Aerodrome, Buckinghamshire to RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire
EGVN - EGDM - RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire to MoD Boscombe Down, Wiltshire

Southend Pier

Southend Airport, Essex

Suffolk Coast

Beccles Airport

Norwich

Norwich Airport

Cambridge

Duxford

Bedford Airport

Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire

Elstree Airfield

Wembley Stadium

Denham Airfield

Oxford

RAF Brize Norton

Stonehenge

MoD Boscombe Down

1 Like

Day #3. Heading west from Wiltshire along the south coast to Land’s End and beyond to the Scilly Isles. From there, back east to Somerset, Bristol and Gloucestershire. Really enjoying the Daher TBM 930.

1/300 Territories visited - 1/193 Countries - 0/15 Independent States - 0/87 Dependencies - 0/5 Other Locations - 24 legs - 25 Regions - 25 Airports/Airfields - 50 snapshots taken

England - 25 Regions (so far) - Locations and flight plans:

Berkshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Surrey, West Sussex, East Sussex, Kent, Greater London, City of London, Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Dorset, Devon, Cornwall, Isles of Scilly, Somerset, Bristol, Gloucestershire

EGLC - EGMC - London City Airport, City of London to Southend Airport, Essex
EGMC - EGSM - Southend Airport, Essex to Beccles Airfield, Suffolk
EGSM - EGSH - Beccles Airfield, Suffolk to Norwich Airport, Norfolk
EGSH - EGSU - Norwich Airport, Norfolk to Duxford Aerodrome, Cambridgeshire
EGSU - EGBF - Duxford Aerodrome, Cambridgeshire to Bedford Aerodrome, Bedfordshire
EGBF - EGTR - Bedford Aerodrome, Bedfordshire to Elstree Aerodrome, Hertfordshire
EGTR - EGLD - Elstree Aerodrome, Hertfordshire to Denham Aerodrome, Buckinghamshire
EGLD - EGVN - Denham Aerodrome, Buckinghamshire to RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire
EGVN - EGDM - RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire to MoD Boscombe Down, Wiltshire

Today:
EGDM - EGHH - MoD Boscombe Down, Wiltshire to Bournemouth Airport, Dorset
EGHH - EGTE - Bournemouth Airport, Dorset to Exeter Airport, Devon
EGTE - EGHC - Exeter Airport, Devon to St Just (Land’s End) Airport, Cornwall
EGHC - EGHE - St Just (Land’s End) Airport, Cornwall to St Mary’s Airport, Isles of Scilly
EGHE - EGDI - St Mary’s Airport, Isles of Scilly to RNAS Merryfield, Somerset
EGDI - EGGD - RNAS Merryfield, Somerset to Bristol Airport, Bristol
EGGD - EGBJ - Bristol Airport, Bristol to Gloucestershire Airport, Gloucestershire

Bournemouth Airport

Rude Man of Cerne, Cerne Abbas, Dorset

Exeter Airport, Devon

Dartmoor, Devon

Eden Project, Cornwall

Land’s End, Cornwall

Scilly Isles

St Mary’s Airport, Scilly Isles

RNAS Merryfield, Somerset

Bristol Airport

Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol

Gloucestershire Airport

1 Like

This is just fantastic and hats off to you on embarking on such a journey! I would love to follow as soon as I can master landing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Ive no problem taking off and flying over my destination runway but getting down safe is a totally different ball game (
Going to put in more practice but it’s really not coming naturally landing even though in my head I know as I’ve watched so many videos.
Again respect for sharing your journey :+1:

1 Like

I’d probably make faster progress if I left the first country on the list, but there’s lots to see… :blush:

2 Likes

Well I have started tracking your journey albeit a lot slower than you and I did cheat and use autopilot for the most part of the Berkshire to Southampton but the second leg I flew myself take off and landing and did manage to stop on the runway :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Completed
EGLM - EGHI - Berkshire, White Waltham to Southampton, Hampshire
EGHI - EGHJ - Southampton, Hampshire to Bembridge, Isle of Wight

1 Like