Fly remote MSFS

Hello everyone in the Microsoft Flight Simulator forum!

I’m Santiago, and I’m thrilled to join this amazing community of simulation enthusiasts. While I’m new to the forum, my history with Flight Simulator goes all the way back to the 1998 edition. Over the years, I’ve witnessed the evolution of this flight simulator and enjoyed every moment exploring the virtual skies.

I have a question that has been intriguing me lately, and I believe I can find the best guidance here. Could anyone provide me with information on how to control Microsoft Flight Simulator using specific commands via the web? I’m particularly interested in learning how to manage advanced settings such as autopilot, weather configurations, and other variables through an online platform.

Throughout my years of experience, I’ve noticed that simulation has advanced tremendously, and I would love to learn more about the current capabilities of the simulator, especially in terms of remote control. Does anyone have suggestions, tutorials, or useful resources that I can explore? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Also, I’d like to extend my apologies if this isn’t the appropriate section for my query. Navigating through forums can sometimes feel like flying through clouds, and I appreciate your understanding as I find my way. If there’s a more suitable place for this discussion, please feel free to redirect me.

Furthermore, if anyone has insights on controlling the simulator through unconventional platforms like WhatsApp, YouTube, or Twitch, I’d be eager to explore those possibilities as well. Your expertise and advice are invaluable, and I’m eager to enhance my Flight Simulator experience with your collective knowledge. Thanks again for your time and assistance!

Santiago

Hello!

From Twitch it is possible, I already did it :wink:

I used Node-RED to easily connect to Twitch API and retrieve what is sent in the chat. Then the Node-RED send a websocket request to a web socket server in C++. That server also has SimConnect libraries and depending on the request it sends commands to the simulator through the SimConnect API.

Here is a PoC video I made: Youtube video