Fly Under / Through Structures

One is still able to fly under/through all six of the structures I originally listed, including the Gateway Arch. Did I possibly confuse people with “POI?: No” when listing the famous monument in St. Louis? If so, I apologize. I only included that in my post because it is the only one of the original six that is not easily found as a Point Of Interest on the main map where one sets up a flight plan so you simply have to fly around the area and search for it.

Kind of like the hangar near JFK that GONEFLYING1234 pointed out. It certainly ain’t gonna be found as a POI on the flight planning map, but man-oh-man was that a fun one to do…thanks!!

Thanks for clarifying that about the Gateway Arch B4W4P2T! That was my misunderstanding.

The Ohio River just until you get to Cincinnati, then there are one or two that you go splat!

With PG off of course I dont think there real bridges when PG is on.

Google the location of the Fremont Bridge in Portland, Oregon, USA (not a POI on the flight planning map). It is pretty easy to spot in the sim, as (if I remember right) it is the northern-most bridge in a series of about 7 or 8 that span the Willamette River in that city. The bridge isn’t hand-drawn in the sim, so it doesn’t look like the real thing. However, even without modifying any settings, if you are careful … woot !!

Indeed, bridges are very frustrating in this game. But once in a while the effort does indeed pay off. The only advice that I can give anyone wanting to give bridges a try is to stay away from the hand-drawn bridges. I was never able to successfully fly under a hand-drawn bridge. (Note that my attempts at the Hoover Dam bridge were done in a “baby Cessna”, so maybe that’s why I couldn’t get that one done…or maybe I just ain’t that good, haha!).

Honestly, I hadn’t thought about this until tonight. After a quick check around the area, I think I may have found the ultimate playground for the under / through enthusiast.

Fly straight east from KCNY for just a couple of miles. Once you realize where you’re at, I think you’ll agree that THIS is the place to be! I found and confirmed that two (Landscape and Delicate) can be flown through, but there are potentially many more to be discovered for those willing to check it out. Heck, the scenery is so beautiful that it’s worth the time even without making any of your own attempts. But I’m pretty sure that you’ll be too tempted!

1 Like

@B4W4P2T I can add a bridge here: since WU-4 we have a flyable Adolphe Bridge POI in France… LonShark posted it in the screenshot challenge.

See below my version. I now think we both crashed… it is very difficult to fly anywhere after passing under Adolphe bridge :grin: maybe my approach is to slow, but Cessna L19 hasn’t got the power for the lift needed. After that bridge you got trees and buildings… Maybe a Pitts can do this easily ?

1 Like

Thanks ArcanePython931…I’ll have to give that one a try tonight!

I’m keeping my list and there have been a few additions since posting this thread. For anyone wanting to give it a try, check out Kokonoe Yume Otsurihashi in the Oita Prefecture of Japan (pedestrian bridge, but hey…still a bridge). Simply fly out of RJTD and add the POI to your flight plan. Plenty of room to fit most any GA plane through it, and possibly even a larger plane for those willing to push the envelope a bit. Have fun, and of course, always make sure the insurance premiums have been paid prior to taking on any of the structures listed in this thread!

B4W4P2T
Discord: B4W4P2T#8578

A little rough on the exit, but I can confirm that Adolphe Bridge is doable in a Cessna 172 without crashing. I approached headed East, pulled up (or should that be UP) and veered South on the exit. Stall warnings, but no crash. And best of all, no “invisible wall” on this one!

1 Like

Good to know it can be done… gonna try again… by the way I have to correct myself, this bridge is not in France, it is in Luxemburg.

Adolphe bridge
Fly it easy

4 Likes

Some pure moments

Been there, done that

Just come across this thread - here’s another bridge I found on north coast of Sicily… What did you do in MFS today? - #1465 by PipsPriller

Sicily has plenty of them to try out.

I’ll have to try the MSFS version of the Tsing Ma Bridge in Hong Kong, just east of the airport.

I may know from experience that you can fit a 777 under it …:shushing_face:

A general rule seems to be that is traffic is driving across it you can, but if it’s going under the bridge you can’t.

Don’t seem to get Federation Bridge (Canada, POI) under control… crash into water on the other side, also when I’m going up. Tested several times with 103 and pipistrel

Found one ! Nice looking bridge, very easy to fly under :smiley_cat:

Norway, vicinity of ENBR Flesland coords 60.426581, 5.532217

1 Like

Confirmed, and thanks ArcanePython931. From the coordinates, it looks like you found Osteroy Bridge. When flying there to try it today, I couldn’t help but think of the similarities between it and Fremont Bridge (which is mentioned earlier in this thread). Neither of them are POIs on the flight planning map, both are actually suspension bridges in real life, but both appear in the game as “flat” bridges (no towers above the deck of the bridge nor suspension cables are shown). Coincidence? Or maybe a pattern for the under / through enthusiast to be aware of?

I’ve been doing a lot of other things in game lately, but have noticed that responses to this thread have circled back to discussing bridges almost exclusively. People can try anything they want, but again I’ll caution folks that on average bridges are pretty frustrating. So to help inspire others to think of non-bridge structures to try, here are some of the results I’ve found recently:

LAX “Spider” Control Tower - One can actually make it through this structure on occasion, but I’m convinced that it is the result of lag rather than an actual hole in the structure. Most of the time, I crashed into an object. And even when I made it through, there was a frame or two where it looked like I was flying through an office interior instead of open space. Not added to the official list.

The London Eye - When I thought of this one, I got a bit excited. When tested, I was able to consistently fly through it. However, again, I think this is the result of lag, as some times there was a frame or two where the spokes of the wheel appeared inside my cockpit. Haha…still, this one was too much fun, and if the game can consistently deny my ability to fly under a bridge that I should be able to fly under I’ll take this one that I obviously shouldn’t be able to fly through as compensation, as the thinness of the structure makes the stunt consistently successful. Added to the official list. (Note - the wheel in Las Vegas doesn’t show up properly, at least in my game).

The last one is something I’m actually patting myself of the back for. I’m sure that the majority of people in this game have flown right over them (yes, I said them … this is a triple!!) many times without a second thought. In reality, there are guy-wires holding the structures up which would deny one the ability to fly under them, and I think you can see some of them in the game. And admittedly, this is a type of bridge (trestle). But hey - it’s a triple, easy to find, and easy to fly. Plus, the structure type is so common that there may be many, many examples of these in the game. Enough suspense - Simply go to SEATAC (KSEA), fly to the north end of the runways, and you’ll find three trestle bridges supporting the approach lights for runways 16R, 16C, and 16L. Definitely added to the official list !

Enjoy, and if you find a structure that you can consistently fly under / through, please let everyone know by adding it to this thread.

1 Like

KJFK, right side of RW31

It could be one of the AI templates. You’ll find it anywhere, wherever AI will decide it is appropriate… but that sais nothing about flyable or not. I tested this in the SDK, by putting an AI template bridge (Oakland Bay Bridge) in a field somewhere… and see if I could take off under it… no problem… :grin:

… but you’ll crash, if you try fly under the MSFS scenery Oakland Bridge located in San Francisco !

You call it a pattern… some kind of easter egg for us, but I suspect this is a terrain thing…

Here’s another one that seems to work, but it is quite difficult, Richmond San Rafael, also San Francisco