FlyByWire A320 fueling

Tried to find whether the topic was already mentioned, and since I could not find it I thought I’d ask for some advice. I experienced several times (last FBW dev. update is installed!), that fueling the plane is erroneous. Whether fuel is set in the world map, or afterwards from the toolbar while in the plane, this does not seem to affect the fuel actually on the plane, as displayed on the fuel display. Moving the percentage fuel slider initially changes the volumes in the tanks, but a moment later volumes reset to the original level. Calling fuel truck, either from the tablet, or the toolbar doesn’t change a bit. I cannot seem to refuel the A320 before taking off. Has anyone else experienced this, and perhaps knows what’s going on?

fuel error?

1 Like

Using the current Dev version, you can’t refuel using the default Fuel & Payload menu from MSFS anymore.

You can only refuel using the EFB FlyPad. Just navigate to the clipboard icon until you get to the Fuel Tab, and you can set and refuel there.

Make sure you pick whether you want realistic, fast, or instant refueling time.

5 Likes

thank you for the fast reply. I thought I’d tried that, but perhaps it was too late, after I tried a lot of different things

1 Like

Thank you! This has been driving me crazy for the last few days. Had to do an emergency landing in Champaign, IL yesterday!

Be careful about loading payload as well. Both the payload and fuel MSFS UIs have been disabled. See Fuel and Weight - FlyByWire Simulations Documentation

1 Like

Kinda surprised this can’t be imported via the simbrief flight plan.

The fuel load? It’s in the works.

1 Like

Do you know how we can adjust the CG with the new dev version? Since we can’t use the default MSFS CG Slider anymore.

Ahh, you get to do that the same way it is done IRL. :slightly_smiling_face: You can shift passengers forward or aft when you load them via the MCDU. Currently, we don’t have a means for shifting the cargo between the forward and aft holds, but that should be coming in the future.

2 Likes

Why doesnt FBW update their user manual

latest version V0.10.0 you cannot load fuel from the EFB any more

I’ve been loading fuel from my EFB without issues lately. Is there a problem?

The documentation is kept up to date. For your issue, check out the reported known issues. The answer is probably there:

There seams some problem refueling via Flypad too. U must start engine 1 or 2 then u can fueling plane :slight_smile: Its so difficulty undestund why start engine first then u got fuel :slight_smile: