FlyByWire A32NX on XBOX

According to the faq on their discord it will NOT be available on Xbox.

No. They are running the plane simulation in a separate program (Prosim) and then the visual model is fed into MSFS.

This means that Fenix will be running an external program at all times - and that is simply not possible to bring to the Xbox as it’s built today. It will not allow for this kind of setup. Changing this would essentially make the Xbox into a PC, able to run arbitrary code, so it’s not likely to happen.

Sure, there are ways in which it could be done (host the simulation on a cloud computer??) but all of that would require Microsoft to do something that they have never done on the Xbox - I don’t see MS breaking the Xbox security model for this.

1 Like

It’s the same aircraft but it’s a totally different experience. I didn’t even bother doing a single flight in the various A320 aircraft we have in the sim now. The one from Fenix will be it for me.

But I understand that many think different.

1 Like

Yeah the developers have confirmed it will not be available on xbox :frowning:

What a pity.
I’m also interested in whether A32NX will support MSFS for Xbox?

1 Like

It’s already supported but not yet updated the flybywire team is working on it.

fingers crossed it will be available soon :+1:

1 Like

It doesn’t, but it never had anything to gain on PC either in the first place.

Might just be better to wait for Aerosoft to do their thing

This makes zero sense, it’s also freeware on the PC yet they develop it for that platform.

It’s a free community project for simmers to enjoy using free of charge. It should be on all compatible platforms the sim runs on to achieve that mission.

6 Likes

I agree with you mate, but it doesn’t seem to be FBW’s priority. It’s easier for FBW to develop their mod for PC, because they have more freedom associated with their product, and can easily release updates as they say fit. It’s mainly Asobo’s fault, there are some issues with files on xbox, that FBW needs access to in order to get their product to work on xbox. Furthermore, there are marketplace limitations that need to be addressed from microsoft. Would love to see this on xbox, but it won’t be there for the foreseeable future. Have a look at their discord for more information.

I can understand that. Why waste development time getting a headache over compatability with XBOX and Asobos marketplace when they could spend that time improving the A320 and distributing it freely via their own methods. Sounds like Asobo and MS need to improve things.

4 Likes

For those saying it was never confirm by Asobo/Microsoft that the FBW A32NX is going to be on XBOX … there is the confirmation by Jorg himself in the June 30th developper Q&A:

At the 54:00 mark(free content on Xbox marketplace timestamp)

11 Likes

Microsoft words!

1 Like

Sooo…it really is down to the FBW team then. I’m not buying any “compatability” excuses from them. Jorg sounded really optimistic about that.

2 Likes

It’s really not that hard to port over to Xbox…even PMDG and Aerosoft are testing their own products on Xbox.

5 Likes

I feel like it may be an issue on both ends, we are getting one thing from xbox and another thing from FBW team. Jorg says its coming back in June, but if you ask the FBW team their answer is that they are currently in “internal discussions” about this, which makes me believe as if they are not keen/interested to bring their product to xbox. Otherwise, they would say what Aerosoft and PMDG are saying which is that they are currently testing their products on xbox. Could be a money thing, honestly not sure.

On one end you have a producer from a big company how wants to sell games and hardware and on the other end you have a bunch of dedicated people doing a pretty darn good freeware…

Another misleading information from Microsoft, Jorg said ”yeah it’s going to be on xbox" and then he goes right after “the marketplace is gonna be the same(xbox and pc)” so we tend to believe it is going to be on the marketplace at launch… but he didn’t said explicitly it is going to be available at launch! It is genius PR tactics to boost the hype and sell games and it’s not right because it is putting the pressure on the FBW team doing up a freeware!!

Just like the AI models and liveries… and the charts+, they said it was coming but we don’t know when…. But don’t put that on FBW, they are not the one who made the statement it was coming on the Xbox marketplace.

3 Likes

Not true at all. Jorg was being completely honest in answering a question, he was simply implying that freeware can and will work on Xbox. If payware developers like Justflight and DC Designs are submitting their products to Xbox, alongside Aerosoft and PMDG (who are reportedly doing tests on Xbox)…then what’s stopping FBW? I agree that nobody should be forcing FBW. Then again, all they have to do is submit the A32X to the Xbox marketplace.

4 Likes

and then wait two years for it to be added :slight_smile: