FlyByWire A32NX on XBOX

If FBW lands on xbox I will lose my s***. I’ve been sitting patiently waiting for news on this. Flying the default is becoming too basic and has a string of problems with the MCDU and the like. Hopefully they’ll see sense and release a stable version back onto the marketplace and it’ll allow us access on the xbox :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

You ask What’s stopping FBW, instead you beter ask why the FBW team pulled the A320NX from the PC Marketplace. The Reason for that is a simpel ASOBO / MICROSOFT distroyed that aircraft completely with SimUpdate 5. I don’t think that the FBW team is ready to start all over again after every update. If and only if the FBW team puts it back in the PC marketplace it wil be ready for XBOX.

1 Like

Can I ask where you found out that PMDG is testing the DC-6? I just don’t want to be too excited in case there’s any disappointment lol

1 Like

There were some posts on this forum as well as PMDG forum, which said they are open to releasing content on xbox if there is demand and that they were going to test to see if the DC-6 could work on xbox. I will try look for it now… but most of these comments are like looking for a needle in a haystack haha. Don’t worry I’m also skeptical, but with more support from Asobo, there is hope.

2 Likes

This is from PMDG facebook page, on their July 27th post.

And this is the link on the Aerosoft forum confirming they are testing the CRJ on Xbox (the first post in the topic):

8 Likes

Thanks mate

Yea I looked earlier on the PMDG forums and could not find a single thing haha…that’s what good about THIS forum, easy to find out about stuff.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks

1 Like

so sad to read this

2 Likes

Me too.

Really Sad.

I’m on pc only, but so sad at the news for xbox dudes. I hope it will change when things get in a better shape.

6 Likes

Perhaps don’t despair and wait what Fenix will have to say. Now that FBW has given up the XBOX maybe there is a market for his payware A320 on the console? Right now Fenix is not even in public alpha testing, that means it could be 6 months or more until even the PC gets it. But after that, maybe he looks at look at the XBOX again.

PMDG seems highly likely to come to the XBOX.

Technically, afaik they have sticked with Asobos recommended solution for their extensions (WASM or web assembly) and not done any experiments with injecting external code into the sim. People with some technical knowledge have been asking themselves since the beginning how developers were planning to get externally compiled code to run in a system that is supposed to not support them (MSFS + XBOX). And the answer seems to be: they don’t

That seems to me the crucial issue about wether a mod is coming to the XBOX or not. And all the other stuff that has been suggested is probably only a smokescreen.

2 Likes

Fenix Simulations has stated that there will not be an Xbox port of the payware aircraft as it’ll be using 3rd party software not possible on the Xbox, you may find more information in their official discord server.

More reasons for me to jump to PC.

I think all the major developers will eventually come to Xbox to maximise profit (assuming these developers “like” money), even if it means avoiding the use of external code. So that includes Aerosoft (which already appears committed) and PMDG. What we need however, and hopefully in the future, is a developer that focuses directly on Xbox.

3 Likes

Why would a developer concentrate solely on XBOX and ignore the PC. Sorry I don’t see that happening. Like you said yourself, they want to maximize profits. Don’t see how that would be possible if they only develop for XBOX. Unless what you meant is that they focus on the XBOX, but still release for the PC. That would be different I guess. Maybe I just wasn’t understanding what you were trying to communicate.

Sorry yes, what I meant by the above is, hopefully a developer will come around and do what FBW failed to do. You know, give the Xbox community a study-level plane. Of course that doesn’t mean it would only be for Xbox. PC as well.

1 Like

Serious sim developers don’t consider Xbox a viable platform for several reasons. One of which is the in-game marketplace has technical requirements and limitations which they don’t want to adhere to. If they can sell their products separately, they will. But that can happen only on PC.

FBW has categorically stated that they will abandon the marketplace for good, so none of their products will ever come to Xbox.