FlyByWire A32NX - Unable to arm auto throttle

Hi!

I just made a fresh re-installation of my computer, including MSFS and A32NX. However, now I’m not able to arm the auto throttle. Just to be sure, i unbind all controls related to the autopilot, but still nothing happens when I try to arm the auto throttle.

My throttle are set to climb trust and I’m using the Honeycombs yoke and throttle.

Any ideas what can be wrong?

Which A32NX version are you using?

If you don’t enable the flight director, most AP functions won’t arm.

I’m using the latest developer version.

Just double checked and the FD is turned on.

Make sure that the speed knob has been pushed in, to select managed speed or pulled out with a speed selected.

I normally go for pushing it in.

Usually upon takeoff thrust, the Auto thrust should be armed automatically. And I did a flight just now and my autothrust is working, both automatically upon takeoff, or turn it off then turn it on manually through the FCU.

1 Like

Thanx for all input. Here is a video of what happens. Did I miss something?

Maybe temporarily move out other addons from the Community folder, as one of them might be interfering with the operation of the AT.

With your thrust levers in CLB and the speed knob in Managed you should have auto thrust.

At take off it’s speed in Managed Mode, Heading same as Runway heading and Altitude at what you decide or what ATC tell you. After take off at 1,000 feet engage AP and when you get the flashing CLB message moved the thrust levers to CLB. I don’t use manual speed at all unless it’s to decelerate before descending. After 1000 feet it’s AP and Managed Mode all the way.

1 Like

Hmm… I wonder if you have a switch that’s “disconnecting A/THR” either malfunctioning or something that’s stick. Try to change all your current connected hardware into a blank profile without any binding. And try the A/THR again. I’m guessing one of your control might be feeding the sim with a constant “Disengage A/THR” command, preventing you from arming it.

2 Likes

Seems to me a controller issue. I’d disconnect the controllers and try flying off without, using the keyboard. See if it works then. I also don’t see any indication top left. Not sure what that instrument is called. In the top left corner should be at least some text. ‘speed’ or ‘clb’ or something. It’s empty.

I do sometimes get in a pickle cause I’m a bad pilot, and then that text drops away. I get it back by going to idle and then full throttle and then back to ‘clb’.

I have exactly the same problem as you. Did you manage to find out what the cause was and how to fix?

I have same problem. It happens after SU5 so I blamed SU5 incompatibility. But after update for FBW hasn’t changed.
I am using stable version.

Are you using the stable version from the marketplace? If so, they’re outdated and the FBW team has suggested to no longer use it. So remove them from your content manager.

If you are using the FBW installer version, make sure you check for an update. The current stable version is 0.7.1.

Although, I recommend to use the Dev version instead of the stable version. It’s much better.

Stable version from installer.

I considered to use dev, but I can’t be sure does it work proper, because it is still in development.

Works fine. I still use experimental but even there it is excellent flying. It is fare away from being buggy. Give it a try.

I can’t believe. I was at v0.7.0, so I installed v0.7.1, now every time I press Esc and return to game it CTD, happened 3 times in row. I don’t have no more streght, will restore v0.7.0 and try again, but tomorrow because I feel now I want to smash my PC and joystick and throttle.

maybe try clearing the cache and try again, before you go back to the previous version.

I was impatient, so I tried now. It was CTD with v0.7.0, than I tried with another aircraft, loaded DA40, again CTD. Now I am loading it in safe mode, if again, than I will clear cache.

Don’t know what happened, I flied today and no problems.