Flying Around the World in a Cessna Citation

Time for leg 9, from Paro in Bhutan (VQPR) to Bangkok in Thailand (VTBS). Bad weather at takeoff and really impressive clouds.

Leg 10 completed, from Bangkok in Thailand (VTBS) to Siem Reap (VDSR) near Angkor Wat in Cambodia.

Besides Angkor Wat and its massive water reservoirs, also got a nice view of Bangkok city and the Wat Pho temple complex.

2 Likes

Leg 11, from Siem Reap near Angkor Wat in Cambodia (VDSR) to Hong Kong (VHHH) with a lovely dusk landing.

1 Like

And here’s the twelfth leg, from Hong Kong (VHHH) to Taipei in Taiwan (RCTP). :sunglasses:

Time for leg 13, from Taipei in Taiwan (RCTP) to Shanghai in China (ZSPD).

Interestingly, Shanghai Pudong has a massive amount of AI traffic flying in and out. Likely, the most I have experienced in the sim so far.

Nice, doing the same, but i didn’t plan to visit so many pretty locations that you do. Took the A320, wish i had taken the citation instead.

Left Bromma (Stockholm Sweden) a few days ago, down to Gibraltar, Kap verde then crossed Atlantic to Brazil, saw Trinidad, Curacao, Cancun, Dallas, Oakland, Hawaii, Fiji and just arrived at Brisbane about 10 minutes ago. Lot and lots water and island hopping your way. Mind the cyclones (pretty though). Good Luck.

1 Like

I kind of wanted to take the a320 myself simply because it’s my favorite in the sim for the moment, but decided to challenge myself and grab a jet I was less familiar with. So far, the Citation hasn’t betrayed me :grin:

That island hopping trip looks lovely. Me, I’m gonna climb up Japan, then up through Russia and Alaska, then some hopping across the US and Canada, then back up to the Artic :smiley: not so much island hopping that way :smiley:

1 Like

I just did the inverse, i ditched the Airbus and went with the Longtitude (exact same range so why not). Took it from Brisbane to Perth and while Australia is sunny, i ended up in a pea-soup before landing, at maybe 1000 feet i could see again.

You did the right thing taking that instead, it is overall a better exploration plane and easier to explore with. I just had lots of problems finding the de-icing system (it’s near the gear switch if anyone is wondering).

1 Like

Very cool. I’m doing the CJ4 in the USA. Fuel is an issue. O well. Many airports to land at.

1 Like

With the fuel issues, at times it feels like I’m flying in another kind of Cessna. :joy:

Here’s leg 14, from Shanghai Pudong airport in China (ZSPD) to Seoul Gimpo in South Korea (RKSS). Big clouds and rain over Seoul. :grin:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/abriael/albums/72157715906960636

Leg 15 done from from Seoul Gimpo in South Korea (RKSS) to Osaka Itami in Japan (RJOO).

I was conflicted between Kansai International Airport and the less prominent Itami, but the approach to Itami over Osaka Castle seemed more appealing, and it did not disappoint. :sunglasses:

Leg 16 is done, from Osaka Itami (RJOO) to Tokyo Haneda (RJTT) in Japan.

Tokyo is one of my favorite cities, so it’s good to be back now that I can’t physically fly there :sunglasses:

Leg 17. Time to leave Tokyo and head north. From Tokyo Haneda (RJTT) to Sapporo Chitose (RJCC) in Japan.

Sunset, low clouds, and fog on arrival made for a really tense and colorful blind IFR approach.

Leg 18, from from Sapporo Chitose in Japan (RJCC) to Sokol in Russia. (UHMM). It’s almost time to make the longer jump to America. :sunglasses:

Time for leg 19 and the jump to America, from Sokol in Russia (UHMM) to Anchorage in Alaska, US. (PANC).

Lots of clouds and beautiful dusk landing in Alaska.

1 Like

I’m currently doing this as well… But yeah, it takes time… I’ve been doing this for 2 weeks now and I’m not even half way yet… It really gets to you have big our planet is :smiley:

I’m currently in Tegucigalpa, Honduras - a place I’ve never heard of IRL… It’s nice having a reason to learn about new places though! I read Wikipedia articles about every new place I land at, makes me feel like a real tourist :stuck_out_tongue:

Planning on going down South America from here, eventually cross Antarctica, then off to New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia etc… Will probably take me months haha.

3 Likes

Leg 20, from from Anchorage, Alaska (PANC) to Seattle, Washington (KSEA) in the US.

Seattle really looks lovely from above, but the vistas were lovely all the way through the flight.

1 Like

You are few legs ahead of me. I am at RJTT heading up to PAEN tomorrow. I am using the CJ4 though.

1 Like

That’s a hell of a jump. I imagine you patched the CJ4’s fuel consumption?