Flying Around the World in a Cessna Citation

I decided to fly around the world on a Cessna Citation Longitude. Of course, it’ll be done in many, many legs, to enjoy the sights as much as possible.

Leg 1 - Leg 1 Florence (LIRQ) to Athens (LGAV)

With a stop at Corfu (LGKR) for refueling because this thing sucks way too much fuel.

I’ll gradually post the other legs when I fly them :smiley:

13 Likes

I hate using the active pause and I was busy changing the camera angle haha. :grin:

1 Like

Nice one, I am doing the same thing. I started from Ushuaia (SAWH). My plan is to lay a route to visit all the handcrafted airports :). The route so far has been SAWH-SAWC-SCBA-SCMK-SAVB-SAZS-SCIE-SAME-SANT-SARE. I am enjoying this so much :slight_smile: Looking forward for new screenshots :wink:

1 Like

Good Stuff !!! Plz keep us updated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s the second leg, from Athens to Istanbul. The views over ancient Costrantinople are amazing and the approach is just perfect to enjoy them even more.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/abriael/albums/72157715652829556

2 Likes

Leg 3, Istanbul (LTBA) to Cairo (HECA). Very nice views of the pyramids and Cairo airport is unexpectedly impressive. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Now that Asobo gave me back my Cutation Longitude (which was taken with the weekend issues :stuck_out_tongue:) I could finally fly leg 4, from Cairo (HECA) to Tel Aviv/Jerusalem (LLBG).

More pyramids, and a lovely dusk landing. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Positive rate gear up in most situations but here I think he was going for a carrier and pulling an SU27 flanker move :thinking: j/k

Fifth leg, from Tel Aviv/Jerusalem Ben Gurion airport (LLBG) to Dubai (OMDB) with a good look at all the skyscrapers :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sixth leg, from Dubai (OMDB) to Islamabad (OPRN). Honestly, I never knew Pakistan was this beautiful.

1 Like

Leg 7, from Islamabad (OPRN) to Agra (VIAG). Flew over the Golden Temple, the Lotus Temple, Delhi, and the Taj Mahal. :sunglasses:

1 Like

You’ve inspired me to do something similar. Nice pics!

1 Like

Awesome, looking forward to seeing the pictures :smiley:

1 Like

I just have to figure out which aircraft for it. I might go with a turboprop. As of now, I’ve been having fun flying the Cub’s in the Bush.

Indeed, this will be cool. I’m deciding where to start from. But nonetheless, have fun and be safe on your Journey! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! Great pics!

Doing a similar thing. I didn’t plan to … started off just messing around Buenos Ares for no particular reason … and just started each ‘flight session’ from the las landing location. Worked my way up the Andes, through to central Mexico, across southern USA and up the eastern Atlantic coast. Last night I got as far as Goose Bay.

Some long oceanic flying to do (AI co-pilot Chucky will take care of those) … hope there’s something good on TV :slight_smile:

Seriously - a brilliant way to see the world (and appreciate just how big it really is!) Thanks for sharing your adventure!

1 Like

I was kind of tempted by turboprops initially. Then I realized how long each leg would take and I decided to go with something a bit faster :joy:

But if you do go with a prop, I applaud your patience. :hugs:

1 Like

The Andes is a location I’d really like to see, but it’d be difficult with my current plan (I don’t think I can cross the oceans anywhere south of the Equator with the current fuel issues the Citation has lol). Will have to go down there in a separate trip.

Indeed buddy… But if set my expectations such, maybe I can finish the “Round the World in 80 Days”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s leg 8, from Agra in India (VIAG) to Paro in Bhutan (VQPR), which is one of the most challenging airports in the world apparently. The approach is indeed rather hairy.

Also flew over Nepal and of course, the highlight of the flight is the view on the Himalayas and Mount Everest. :sunglasses:

Also, don’t mind the Condor A320 in Bhutan. At the moment ground liveries are random :sweat:It bothers me so much.

2 Likes

Haha yes it can be a challenge since the current aircraft all seem to have holes in the tanks!

The bits of the Andes I’ve explored so far are amazing and well worth a ‘visit’! So much more to see…

1 Like