FlyingIron BF 109 G-6

I didn’t expect anything else. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just waiting for the FI store to have it, and it’s mine… :grinning:

2 Likes

The BF 109G-6 is now available!

BF 109G-6 For Microsoft Flight Simulator – FlyingIron Simulations

15 Likes

It will be a purchase as soon as it lands on Xbox, can’t wait to put it side by side with Spitfire, P-38 and Hellcat

6 Likes

Great video, and outstanding module! I will add it to my complete set of FlyingIron modules when it hits the store. Cheers!

2 Likes

Looks stunning, after watching some preview this was instant buy. I resisted the urge and thoroughly read the manual, as I have little knowledge about Messer. It’s written very well, but sometimes it’s a little vague.

1. Limits for oil and coolant temps. 80/105 at sea level altitude. “it’s less at altitude”. How much less at which altitude? I would say thats pretty important
  2. Landing Gear even collapse during hard landings. What is hard landing? It’s set to some specific G or descent fpm? Do I need to have crash damage enabled in sim? In the preview guy had not that horrible landing and gear still collapsed :smiley:
2 Likes

This is a right handful on the ground but I managed to taxi it out to the runway and managed to take off without crashing. You really do need a ton of right rudder and aileron as the manual says as the 109 wants to murder you. The engine sounds are immense. Love the sounds when you clear the plug fowling as well. Now to bash this thing around the skies a bit and then attempt a landing.

10 Likes

That was a good purchase. Better than DCS’s Kurfürst IMO. At least lot more difficult. There is lot of studying for me. Managed to takeoff but failed landing. And managed to shut motor in middle of taxiing.

What bindings are for weapons?

2 Likes

For the temp limits at altitude, there are a couple marks on the temp gauge and I think those are the altitude corrected limits. I recall a 109 for X-Plane that modeled those limits.

3 Likes

How the hey do you start this thing? I’m following the check list to the letter but no joy.

Edit: Never mind, seems I just brainfarted on the priming :smirk:

1 Like

If you fly like an idiot you will spin this plane quite easily as I discovered. I managed it get it into quite a nasty spin which caused a bit of clenching of the rear but I somehow managed to get out of it. Elevator compression is modelled as well, if you gain a ton of speed in a dive you will struggle to pull up as I also discovered. That almost ended in tragedy but I managed to boldly escape certain death by hitting the slew key. :eyes: This flight model feels very unique and can really bite you in the rear if you’re not careful. I’m loving it. Gut gemacht!

Now let’s try a landing.

7 Likes

Woo! Got her down in one piece! And I only bounced 4, maybe 5 times. Let’s call it 4 and a half.

12 Likes

4 and a half means you’re still in the air then? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The final hop was just one wheel I think so I counted that as the half. Don’t worry, the Luftwaffe never developed anti-grav technology. Or so they want you to believe.

Also does anyone know of any good third party German airfields that have a good vintage flavour to them? Kinda like some of the Burning Blue airfields like Goodwood or Headcorn, or the Old Warden or Duxford Airshow freeware sceneries? Modern airfields with some grass runways and vintage planes dotted about, maybe some older hangars and stuff. I know there’s the Redwing Project 1935 airfields but they’re more big commercial fields of bygone eras and I’m looking more for something more like a heritage or museum airfield in Germany. Would love one to operate the Gustav out of.

1 Like

Just purchased, but can’t fly until later today… looking forward to it! :+1:

Quick question - are there any repaints included in addition to those shown on the product page on the FI website? Or is that the full set?

EDNH - Bad Wörrishofen (by Clearpropstudios) Not a vintage airfield, but a beautifull little place from where this little rascal can take-off! (One of the few airfields rated with 5 stars!) :+1:

1 Like

Here’s the full set from the game itself:

Default:

Wilde Sau:

Bare Metal:

White Comet:

Black 14:

White 364-1:

Yellow 6:

Red 8:

D-FMBB:

Seemann:

I would’ve liked some green/brown camo schemes as well as the greys, and maybe some more foreign ones aside from the sole Italian livery, like a Hungarian and Romanian paintschemes maybe, or some Israeli and Spanish ones even if they’re not the exact same model. But hopefully some repainters can provide (at least for us PC folks).

Cheers, I’ll have a look at that.

3 Likes

Nice to see a JG300 WildSau

Thanks! A few more than were shown on the site. Agree that it would have been good to have some other militaries represented. Will keep an eye on the repainters.