Flysimware 414, ATC and aircraft.cfg

Flying the beta Cessna 414 Chancellor from Flysimware quite a bit these days and really like it.

I have noticed that ATC do not call out the manufacturer and model of the 414… I figured out that the aircraft.cfg file is missing the necessary definitions.

I am not code savvy at all, but have added the following to mine under [GENERAL] based on what I found in the original aircraft.cfg file for the JF Turbo Arrows:

atc_type = “TT:ATCCOM.ATC_NAME CESSNA.0.text”
atc_model = “TT:ATCCOM.AC_MODEL C414.0.text”

At least now they call me up and I respond with “Cessna reg. no blah blah”… :slightly_smiling_face:

I can’t remember if there is a situation when the model designator i.e. 414 is also used by/with ATC, so I am not sure yet if that works.

Can anyone give an example in which situation the model designator is called out, please, so I can check?

Got it after some experimenting!

When requesting e.g. a Class C airspace transition the aircraft model will also be called. With the edits I listed, the Chancellor will be referenced as Cessna 414 as per ICAO database.

Basically you’d have either to know the exact files name from the ATC database on the model or you can force any text to be parsed through the text to speech system by writing $$: instead of TT:

“$$:414” will do the job too.

I collected two lists of db entries while working on some traffic aircraft which are available here:

Types:

Models:

Note: please replace the .tts ending with .text when using in aircraft.cfg :wink:

The best combination in your case would probably be:

atc_type = “$$:Chancellor”
atc_model = “TT:ATCCOM.AC_MODEL C414.0.text”

In theory this will get your aircraft being called “Chancellor [Reg]” and “, type Chancellor 414.” :wink:

Thanks @Delta2k5 !

I was wondering if it was possible to have it parse anything… and it seems to be the case. Will test your tip :grin:

Somehow it will make my life a bit better if ATC call me Chancellor… even if it is not ICAO :joy:

Will need to try some variations, but basically the following should give: Cessna Chancellor 414?
atc_type = “TT:ATCCOM.ATC_NAME CESSNA.0.text”
atc_model = “$$:Chancellor 414”

Do you also know how to make it “four one four” instead of “four hundred fourteen”?

1 Like

ATC is never really ICAO in this case :wink: usually I never hear a Bonanza being called “Beechcraft” irl. It’s always “Skyhawk”, “Bonanza”, “Baron” or “Citation” if it doesn’t own a proper company callsign :wink:

Proper ICAO information also in MSFS belongs to the icao entries in the aircraft.cfg as that is used for model matching :wink:

Yes, that’s correct :slight_smile:

Nope, my only guess would be:
“$$:4-1-4”

1 Like