Flysimware 414 Can't Start Engine

Having a hard time starting the engine while following checklist.

Down and dirty steps:

1. master on
  2. fuel selectors main
  3. mags on
  4. mixture rich
  5. prop full forward
  6. throttle 1/2"
  7. prime
  8. ignition
  9. ??

The prop spins fine but the engine never catches. What stop am I missing? Thanks

UPDATE: i restarted the flight, did the exact same checklist, and was able to start the engine.

2 Likes

If it happens again try cycling the fuel selectors. Even though they appear to be in the correct position they are not always. Best thing is to move them to something else and then back to normal again. Lots of bugs like this with this aircraft.

good to know, thanks

Do you not need to go full throttle to prime on the continental engines? That may be something to try. It’s like starting a lawnmower, just put all the knobs forward prime and watch fuel flow peak, fuel pump off, pull the throttle back to 1/4, start.

I just bought the 414 and am having this issue. I simply cannot get the engines to start regardless of automated or manual. This began upon the very first load. It will begin to start but then immediately die like there is no fuel or the engine is damaged. I have tried everything, reinstalling, no hardware, empty community folder etc. It is really odd, all other aircraft start and run fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

If you got the v3.4.1 that was released today, this was initially an issue with it. The issue was resolved and the dev updated the download, so you should re-download the plane and see if that fixes it. I suggest joining the discord, as this dev is very active and does pretty frequent updates.

Confirm fuel tank is delivered to on?
Primed engine? (Rocker switch between engine start button)

Okay. So I had t.16000 buttons assigned to mixture and prop axis’s. That is a no no. i removed those, and voila, the engines run. Now, I have roll showing on the yoke, and pitch is active and works, but the yoke in game does not move when i move the stick/“yoke” of the t.16000. I am getting a turtle Beach at the end of the week, so perhaps that will respond better