[FlyTampa] - KBOS Boston Logan International Airport

Just tested, working fine with all mods except Weather Force steam 172

Is there an issue with parking spots with this add on? Using AIG Iā€™m only seeing a couple of heavies parked over at the cargo ramp. Everything else is a 737, a 320 or smaller.

Is it the old overlapping spots with the wrong wing-span issue again?

There should be plenty of big traffic at this airfield.

I bought this immediately upon release as had been waiting for a KBOS for so longā€¦ I also took the opportunity to pick up the other recent FlyTampa release of CYYZ Toronto, and did a short hop between the two in the FBW A32nx. What a joy this scenery is! I must say - I spent quite some time in the drone cam flying around and into the various terminal buildings. Nice to see the animated people, and some of the terminals have great inside glass effects making the view outside look a bit dirty and so on. Otherwise the airside textures are amazing, the jetways look fab, the taxi-way markings are great. I canā€™t fault it!

1 Like

The only thing I see is the Hyatt looks a little more ā€œin frontā€ of 14 than I see in my minds eye ā€¦ but that could be just flying wrong sims before.

Hopefully the CTD patch comes out this week!

1 Like

Me too. I have been checking the ORBX site every day (where I bought it) but nothing as of this morning (Sat April 30).

There are releasing a performance patch along with it so it will probably worth the wait. Donā€™t get those folks with high end gpus getting bad performance. For scenery like this I tend to lower my texture quality to high and it makes a big difference in performance. Not sure if there were expecting ultra textures and expected smooth results!

My issue has just been the CTD when I exit to the main menu. I do run high rather than ultra and it is quite satisfactory to me.

2 Likes

Because for a good while the Achilles Heel of the sim has been the CPU. No CPU on the market can run this game in busy areas with everything maxed out, including the LODS.

You could have two 5090ā€™s in your machine at the minute and it wouldnā€™t make any difference.Iā€™ve got a 2080ti at the moment and donā€™t need anymore than that.

Until they figure out how to reduce the load on the CPU MainThread to give it some breathing space it will always be like this. Fingers crossed for SU10.

With that said, Iā€™m getting good performance at this airport with AIG traffic injected too.

Iā€™m waiting until the Autumn and then I think Iā€™m going to upgrade my CPU to the Ryzen 7000 series.

I have a 3700x and 2060 Super right now and get massive stuttering visually and audibly, but I am loading in almost 400gb from my community folder.

Especially recently there has been an influx of people which tends to drag my system more.

2 Likes

Did the latest update from Flytampa tank fps? I used to get 35fps now I get around 24

I get a bit of a hit taxiing but I also have the full REX suite and Simple Traffic going

Otherwise itā€™s great but keep in mind I got the software and a huge videocard upgrade at the same time

So far this FlyTampa airport is the worst performing of them all. Iā€™m shocked that I can get a steady, fos locked at 30 with no dips at KLAS but struggle to get 17 fps at KBOS.

Even with the patch? Iā€™m only running an RTX 2060super and the scenery runs just as good as KLAS however if I set the in game texture resloution to ultra it tanks my performance.

1 Like

Can anypne test this.

Go to runway 04R and go to the runway intersection at speed. Do you have a huge bump in the runway?

I landed 04R in the Md80 and at 60knors at or just passed rhe runway intersection my nose went sky high.

I posted on the forums already, just trying to see if anyone else can see it, thanks!

Is there a default MSFS scenery for Boston that can be deleted? This would solve the problem. But if not then we need FT support. I have noticed a few bumps around the intersection of 15L and the intersecting runways.

I recommend that you go onto the FT forums and comment on a post I made there to bring it to the devā€™s attention. No, Iā€™m not aware of any default KBOS scenery.

1 Like

I havenā€™t had a chance to fly the update yet, but once I do and still see the bumps then I will post there.

Unless Iā€™m mistaken, this is the first FlyTampa airport with animated passengers in the terminals. I think thatā€™s why itā€™s performing so much worse than the others - thereā€™s a significantly larger load on the sim from this one.

guys ā€¦ the performance issue is not related to FlyTampaā€™s scenery. Its some issues with Photogrammetry again. The only slider which is responsible for that is Terrain Level of Detail. I just deleted FlyTampaā€™s scenery and with default its behaving exactly the same! Maybe we can highlight this to Asobo so they can check what is going frenzy there. And BTW its not only at KBOS ā€¦ KLAX is affected aswell ā€¦ i usually never have issues in Europe with Terrain Level of detail at 400, not even in London with all addonā€™s. But for major US cities with a lot of photogrammertry 400 is not possible anymore ā€¦ i need to drop it all the way down to 200 to have acceptable frames. Btw i am running on a 9700k with 3800 TI

@DaveR44 , LGAV already had animated passengers aswell :slight_smile:

please vote here ā€¦ https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/terrain-lod-overloading-mainthread-crash-especially-low-to-ground