FlyTampa - Las Vegas Localizer issues

If any of you own the FlyTampa Las Vegas pack (I bought from the in game marketplace) could you check the localizers on both runways 26? On mine, since the update this week the localizers a badly misaligned (a couple thousand feet north of the actual threshold locations.)

I uninstalled the addon and the problem went away, and it re-appeared upon reinstall. So I’m confident it is the addon causing the issue.

What I remain curious about however is why I don’t see anyone else mentioning this issue – This makes me wonder if it could be in conflict with another addon. So I’m hoping one of you can speak up.

The other possibility is that since this add-on is kind of a VFR mod, it is possible people who own the mod aren’t using the ILS.

Anyhow, if any of you happen to have this mod and are buzzing around KLAS today, if you wouldn’t mind shooting a 26 (L or R) and letting me know if you have any issue - I’d really appreciate.

Thanks.

Since the airport was released, even before the updates, glide slopes of ILS approach at both 26L & 26R were already inaccurate. I do hope FlyTampa will fix it. Anywhen I fly to KLAS, I am just using ILS Rwy 01L.

1 Like

Before, it was the glideslope that was a little off. But that was not as horrid.

Now the GS seems about right, but there is no runway in front of you just terminals! :grimacing:

Well, if we can agree its the vendors problem, can everyone please hustle on over to flytampa’s forums ( FlyTampa - Forums ) and start raising a stink about it? They ain’t gonna fix if nobody is complaining.

Ironically, I just shot the ILS to 26L in the new Turbo Arrow III and the localiser was fine.

The glideslope, on the other hand, was miles off. It was showing full ‘fly down’ deflection when the PAPI’s where showing 2 reds & 2 whites.

If I’d followed the glideslope I’d have made an unscheduled arrival into the ground about a mile short of the runway.

1 Like

Thats the problem I had prior to SU4… Glideslope landed about 1/4 mile before the runway threshold.

1 Like

A320neo captured ILS/LOC perfectly, but the glide slope is wrong, way to low, all 4 red PAPI lights :grimacing:

1 Like

based on that file name that screen is from before SU4. That is the same issue I had before SU4, now its different.

Over on their forum there is a note now that they are looking at it.

If you’re having this problem, you should probably throw yourself into the discussion politely, the more people they know are impacted, I think the more likely they’ll be to give it some priority.

I should add that they later published a ‘fix’ but its still not right for me.

I posted on their forum showing a video of it now properly aligned to the runway but the GS does not come to the touchdown zone (similar to the screenshot above).

Did you ever get this fixed? I’ve got the most recent version and went through all the different remedies to try and get the GS fixed to no avail. Any info?

Nope. Doesn’t seem like they care. Not buying from fly Tampa in the future.

1 Like

I posted over at the forums today. I did get this issue fixed on my own by editing the content.xml file. Specifically, I moved two lines: fs-base-nav and fs-generic-airports to the bottom of the list. This fixed the GS LOC issue for me. Let me know if you want to know more about that or need help or even if you have already tried it.

Just did it… Same as before, ILS lateral is correct, but glideslope is too low.

I’m having same problem. ILS 01L is not capturing glideslope. Localizer works . What is goin on ? Some1 posted on Flytampa forum exactly what we are talking about few months ago . No response on forum from Flytampa .

I haven’t flown that approach but the chart indicates 01L has a 3.4 degree glideslope, which is steeper than a standard 3 degrees. Depending on your approach speed, you may need to be descending substantially faster than whatever you consider normal to intercept and capture it properly.

I just noticed that . I will try again and update the outcome

Can’t’ speak to the 01s, but I can tell you on the 26’s the glideslope goes into the ground several hundred feet before the touchdown points. Completely useless.

It appears the issue is linked to this post above: FlyTampa - Las Vegas Localizer issues - #12 by SIUAviator

Something is interefering with the DLC content not allowing the custom G/S to be functional. When compiling the product, we do not see the issue here. Clearing up or deleting the content.xml (or by simply removing Vegas, boot MSFS once, then re-install Vegas and start MSFS again) should fix it.

Did this today, full uninstall of Vegas, and reinstall, deleted Content.xml and even deleted the scenery indexes folder files.

Restarted MSFS at each stage.

26R GS is low and terminates in the displaced threshold,
26L is low and terminates in the dirt prior to the runway threshold.

This is unchanged from how it has been for me since purchase a year or more ago.

Please send an email to g.emilios@flytampa.org quoting this thread, and I can send you a test file to hopefully resolve this.

Thanks