FMS Knob in the C172-G1000 suddenly going into continuous rotation

I have an issue with the FMS Knob in the C172-G1000 suddenly going into continuous rotation on its own. Anyone else experiencing this?

3 Likes

Saw this on the A320 yesterday. I think it started in 1.10.7

I did not have the problem before 1.10.7

Yeah I have the same problem. It is not plane or a/p related, but the input device (in this case the mouse). I had this issue on several planes, but always with the altitude or v/s selector.
Incoming Zendesk ticket!

I thought I might have solved it. I went into Windows Settings - Mouse - Additional Mouse Options and then in Mouse Properties I went to Wheel and changed my mouse wheel settings away from my current settings and then put them back again. Then I clicked Apply and OK. Seemed to be working properly for a while but now it is doing it again.

I get it on the heading bug in the TBM when using the KB shortcut… I submitted a ticket… We’ll see…

I thought I had fixed it but it is back again.

Same issue with the Longitude. It happens whether I single tap the knob to change settings or if I spin it using the center wheel on my mouse. I first noticed it when I wanted to decrease my climb rate by 1000 FPM and clicked the DN button on VS but suddenly was pointed straight down at -9999 FPM because the dial had keep spinning until it maxed out at -9999.

Editing - it’s happened (randomly) on all knobs - heading, vertical speed, auto throttle, altitude…

1 Like

Have the same.

Does not really matter to me though,
since Asobo decided to quietly pull the plug on older, Kepler based GPUs such as mine.
So until I buy a new GPU, no more MSFS.

It’s the same everywhere. If you click on knobs, they will sometimes lock into continually scrolling. The workaround is to use the scroll wheel for adjustments. Wicked annoying new bug!

Yes. After 1.10.7.0 I got this problem with the rotating knobs on the CJ4 FCU (Heading, Altitude, VSpeed, FLC Speed). Today it also showed up on the Heading Knob on the C172 G1000 version. It isn’t apparent in the early stages of flight but shows up mostly in descent and approach especially when you want to use a left button mouse click to change the setting by one or two units. I’ve already submitted a Zendesk ticket and to be frank I’m relieved to see others are experiencing the same problem.

Having said all that. I was able to anticipate the issues during my VFR flights from Milford Sound - Glenorchy and Queenstown this morning. A minor inconvenience in an otherwise great simulation.

exactly same here. Altitude control races so when approaching an ILS locator its near on impossible to use it to achieve the correct location altitude

1 Like

yes i have the same issue on the A320 since the latest patch

Same here, on Cessna 172 and TBM !
The altitude went up to 99900 feet !

2 Likes

Just finished two flights in the C172 G1000. These were relatively short flights. I noticed the problem with the Heading Bug knob. At the start of a flight, the knob increases/decreases in one degree increments. After some time flying, it will only increase/decrease in 10 degree increments. On descent and approach, the knob will run away after just one click on the left mouse button. Using the mouse wheel you can contain changes to 10 degree increments.

I would urge you to submit a Zendesk ticket so that MS/Asobo are made a where that this is a widespread problem.

3 Likes

A workaround is to use the mouse wheel rather than clicking. I think there is a bug thread elsewhere for this. Seems to be an intermittent issue and may be related to metric units

The reason is: you switched to metric. I switched back zu U.S. and everything works as expected again!

I have never switched to metric. Never changed settings from default. This is not the reason.

3 Likes

Yeah, this doesn’t have anything to do with metric. I am on US system and never switched. The issue is present here.

1 Like

I think you will find that ANY interaction with the rest of the sim will appear to fix the problem.
The menu system will resynchronise the mouse handling, so the mouse knob bug is hidden for a while.