The non-”Replica” Fokker VII* models in Career mode that do not have radios do not work very well in Career mode “Request IFR Clearance”, etc. As you get dinged repeatedly for failures to communicate.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
How often does this occur for you (Example: Just once, every time on sim load, intermittently)? every time
REPRODUCTION STEPS
Please list clear steps you took in order to help our test team reproduce the same issue:
pick missions with the variants that do NOT say “Replica” (e.g., Fokker F-VIIB/3M - CARGO TRANSPORT, Fokker F-VIIB/3M - PASSENGER, Fokker F.VIIA/1M Single-Engined)
Try to get any clearance
Fail to Profit
YOUR SETTINGS
If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the User Support Hub.
What peripherals are you using:
[PC Only] Are you using Developer Mode or have you made any changes to it? No
[PC, MSFS 2020 Only] Are you using DX11 or DX12? Windows 11 default DX12
[PC Only] What GPU (Graphics Card) do you use? 4060 Ti 16GB
[PC Only] What other relevant PC specs can you share? N/A
You will also get a ding if you can’t stop at the hold short if you use the originals. I am not sure how one would navigate from a to b either without a working compass unless you just follow the magenta line.
Should the originals even be used for Career? They require too many fixes.
We have created an internal ticket to see if our team already has this logged, and if not they will attempt to reproduce the issue and create a new bug report. This item is now marked as feedback-logged. If there is an existing bug report or one is created, we will move this thread to bug-logged.
I’m ok with having to work around difficult limitations like lack of brakes. You can get creative using unpaved ground, S-turns, turning off engines, and throwing down your chocks (I’ll just pretend there is ground crew there to chock us for this historic flight). I will say that the ground handling is pretty good on this plane overall but it doesn’t slow down from S-turns like it should. None of the planes really get the physics of tires+ground=friction and tires+sideways=a-lot-of-friction – even dry pavement is practically like driving on ice.
I’m ok with not having a radio even – just not ok if not having a radio = automatic failures. Either give us a portable radio (I think some gliders have one) or adjust the missions to not require radio calls in planes without them or some other creative solution (semaphores, hand gestures, whatever).
It would be helpful to list “No Brakes” in the description for buyers but caveat emptor and all that.
Agreed one can use all those methods to stop but yesterday I did turn off the engines, pulled the mixture levers, closed the fuel valves but one engine just kept on going - so the plane just kept crawling through the grass. I did not think about throwing the chocks - will use that one and see how I go. I had to keep repeating switching things on and off again to eventually stop thanks to a hump in the ground that finally stopped the port side wheel.
Anyway, she sure is interesting to learn. Back in the day those guys were seriously brave in these basic machines.
They probably need to increase the ground roll friction (and especially turning friction) to make it more viable to use. Maybe that should be a separate bug though?
Is it a bug or by design. It’s hard to know with this one. I’ll have another go and probably once I’m more familiar I’ll work out what’s at fault. Engine not switching of or friction or pure ignorance on how to handle the old lady.
This topic has now been updated from feedback-logged to bug-logged after successful internal reproductions. Please note that we do not provide estimated timelines for bug fixes to be released.
Thanks for helping us to identify this issue by creating a Bug Report.