Follow me cars

GSX will add one as soon as possible. But the sim isnt ready yet for GSX. It will need a bit of work.

you seems to have an other version, I do not have something like taxi ribbons in my settings

Options (or Esc) > Assistance > Navigation Aids > Taxi Ribbon

Iā€™d be very surprised if you didnā€™t have this setting. The actual ribbons (blue arrows) appear once ground control is done giving you taxi instructions before takeoff or after landing

this is what I see! there is not something like taxi ribbons

Ach so. Try ā€œAusrollbandā€. (Weird translations like this are why I turn all my games to English as soon as I can.)

3 Likes

furchtbar oder?

I agree this is needed at some point. Especially when I come in to General Aviation parking you will usually see a follow me car show you to your spot. Would love that!

1 Like

Iā€™d rather the taxiway signs get fixed more than anything.

Maybe it is a good idea, if you can drive the follow me car like a plane in a multiplayer session youself.

Related wishlist thread: Follow me cars.

The quickest way to turn the ribbons on and off, and which I am using now, is to simply use the presets. So for ON: hit Esc > Assistance > set Navigation aids to EASY (one tick right), Apply & Save > Esc > Esc. To turn them off again: Esc > Assistance > set Navigation aids to HARD (one tick left), Apply & Save > Esc > Esc. So you can skip clicking to show all aids, search for the ribbons, etc. etc.

Hi guys,

Iā€™d love to see Follow-Me Cars as addition/alternative to the current taxi help system in the game. Itā€™s more realistic than those blue arrows. What do you think?

Good Idea. :+1:t2:

Brilliant idea, as long as they take you to the right Gate, but would love to see it.

Thatā€™s the same thought I had often! Very good idea!

You can install this mod instead which will replace the big blue arrows to a smaller less conspicuous arrows.

I personally use the Tiny Green version, so it blends well with the green taxi lights.

Put this little Mod on, so much better, thank youšŸ‘

MSFS2020 has reached an extraordinary level of realism. It is contradictory to have such an extraordinary level of visual realism and to have blue artifacts to show you the way to the assigned parking lot. It would be interesting to be able to request a taxi vehicle to take us to the parking lot. The controller in MSFS2020 only indicates General Parking and this is not very specific in large airports even if you have a platform card. In real life this is a service requested by pilots in large airports, it would be nice to have it for those of us who like to enjoy graphic realism without labels.

9 Likes

If you move it to wishlist Iā€™d vote right away.

1 Like

Hello team.

For a couple of years ago i had a freeware Bremen-Airfiled EDDW for FS2009. Instead of arrows it had a follow-me car wich was driving in front of te airplane that took me to the gate.
Is it possible to replace the blue arrows for a Follow-Me-car. Itā€™s quit more realistic.

In advangeā€¦

1 Like