For me, the 3 most difficult things to do in msfs actually are....?

You’ve never heard of a GoPro?
Pretty much can mount them anywhere.

1 Like

Number 1 is easy to solve. Remove the external cam commands from your bindings.

Number 2 is also easy. Fly in Live Multiplayer mode. And the weather and time will be greyed out and inaccessible. You will have to fly under live weather conditions without the ability to change.

Number 3 is easy for me. Unbind the sim rate from the controls and I actually don’t know how to use it.

2 Likes

Maybe you can suggest the idea to TONYS705153

Love to know where is the “game” part of it, to me is more like a learning tool.

:rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: :innocent: You made my day! It took a while to be honest, jokes are not that easy if your not in ml.

And to be honest again, I cant resist my superman feelings sometimes and beam me to the wing tip then for a while.

I told my wife her name is Eve and she is married too… :wink:

2 Likes

The hardest thing to do in MSFS is following ATC during a whole IFR flight without disobeying either the STAR or the plane’s capabilities (no ATC, my 172 can’t go to FL240).

2 Likes

Whats wrong with flying outside the plane? Its great for a bit of cinematic variation. I don’t ever do it landing or taking off though.

Sometimes I’ll muck about with custom weather. The sim is definitely more interesting and challenging if you leave it purely to live weather.

One of the most difficult things I’ve done in the sim is landing on a aircraft carrier with the T-45. It does give you a very rough idea of how difficult it obviously is in real life to land on an aircraft carrier.

1 Like

Hi,

For me the hardest thing in MSFS is to complete at least one flight without a CTD.

VCRuntime140.dll error etc. comes to my mind.

For me, the outside plane view has several times reminded me to retract flaps or landing gear. Also landing lights is common for me to forget to switch off.

1 Like

All good examples why we have check lists. It will become muscle memory in time, and part of your flow.

Once, I was doing circuit practice, and I had forgotten to turn on the alternator. The battery drained to a point where I could not lower the landing gear anymore. I had to fly a holding pattern until the battery had charged enough that the gear started working. :wink:

■■■■, in the sim or real life?

I hear you but it’s kind of the opposite for me. I’ve gotten too comfortable to the point where I ignore the check lists.

I’m not a RL pilot, fortunately. :slight_smile:

I take my simming fairly seriously though, and only rarely fly under bridges, but never inverted. :slight_smile:

1. Find uninterrupted time to go flying, especially during local daylight (I don’t believe in changing the real world time and weather).
  2. Get in a mood to fly IFR and stare at the instruments and tops of clouds when there’s such a beautiful world below the clouds to enjoy. I haven’t flown the A320, 787, or 747 at all yet for this reason, and the business jets only a handful of times.
  3. Wait for more aircraft to be released (something that’s both pressurized AND old enough to have steam gauges would be nice) and/or more realism in weather conditions to be introduced (thermals, microbursts, etc. and better consistency with current real-life events such as storms).

The game part of it comes from the fact that you buy it from a game shop. Install it on your gaming computer. Load it up and play it like any other game. You do some of the things you would do in real life like press some buttons and steer the aircraft wherever you want it to go. You then either land or fly in to a building depending on your mood.

There are aspects of the game that could be used as a learning tool. Instrument scanning. Checklists perhaps? The actual flying aspect and aircraft handling etc bears very little resemblance to real life.

But make no mistake, this is very much a game.

LMAO, my GF would only get jealous if it was another ginger xD brunettes are fine xD

180g each side?

For me the most difficult, if not, virtually impossible MSFS task is finding a RTX3080/90 in stock anywhere in my country.

2 Likes

By the time the 3090 is in stock. The 4090 would be announced.

1 Like

The most difficult thing is to fly by an airstrip without landing on it.

I play with the sim rate now and then, slow it down / pause to look up where I am or to take screenshots or to let the sim recover from falling behind with terrain updates or to walk the dog etc. Speed it up over barren areas to catch back up to ‘real’ time to stay in sync with the weather or get a bit ahead of ‘real’ time when a particularly scenic/difficult area is coming up.

Perception of time is not constant anyway, might as well use the tools at your disposal not to miss the good parts.

Your view of the sim is very simplistic as a learning tool, me being a pilot, look at it totally different. You can learn much more than what you mentioned, navigation comes to mind first, where most of the so called experts fail in real life. Real pilots use X-Plane to keep theirs skills sharp. MSFS is not a that level yet but it will get there. Finally, the subject that I have just mentioned bears many resemblances to real life, may be you should seat in the right seat of a small plane and have such experience. I am not a gamer, or have any of those fantasy software in my machines, just this tool, and I use it like like a sim, a game for you, a tool for me, and with that I bid you good night sir.

1 Like

Sim rate and pause are your friend when uninterrupted time is not possible. You still need to make time during daylight hours of where you want to fly. It would be nice if the last 24 hours of weather were recorded on the server for more flexibility in flying with live weather.

IFR flying, staring at the tops of clouds, I can’t do it. Either I go do something else and let AP fly on its own or speed it up until it breaks.

Yeah, waiting for more realism is hard. Smog, haze, factory smoke, dust/sand storms, active volcanoes, aurora borealis, more realistic turbulence etc.