ForeFlight Mobile + FS 2020 (FlightEvents 2.1.1.0)

Did you tick the option to “Start flight tracking” on the FlightEvents software while your game was unpaused? I had this and was a simple fix. :sweat_smile:

Does anyone know who is the publisher for the FlightEvents.Client.exe ? the Top level domain was just flagged as being suspicious by a software I use – so a bit skeptical about installing it.

I am the developer and publisher of Flight Events. May I check which top level domain you are mentioning about? Is it flighttracker.tech?
May I also know which software you are using? I’ll try to get it whitelisted.

You can specify your network’s broadcast IP and then any device on the same subnet will pick up the broadcast.

To figure out your network’s IP and subnet:

1. Hit Windows Key + R to get the Run prompt and type cmd.exe and click OK
  2. From the command prompt type ipconfig and look for “IPv4 Address” and “Subnet Mask” for your network adapter. If you have more than one adapter you’ll have to figure out which is which.
  3. Go to Broadcast Address Calculator and type in your IP and Subnet and click “Calculate Broadcast Address”, you’ll then put the “Broadcast Address” it gives you into the Flight Events “IP Address” field undre the “Broadcast data to local network” box.

As of 09/24/20 ForeFlight and FlightEvents 2.2.0 work perfectly. No need to tick the slow box. No stutters, everything works on ForeFlight as it should. Follow this: https://support.foreflight.com/hc/en-us/articles/204115275-How-do-I-connect-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-FS-X-or-FS-2004-to-ForeFlight- - ForeFlight oddly says “With MFSF2020 open and while in the air”. You do not need to be in the air - just have the plane ready to go. Works great!

Now if I could just crack the code for getting trim to work and not look like a porpoise crossing the Pacific Ocean.

1 Like

This works very well, not sure what the Callsign is used for. (the ATC radar ?)

When you start tracking, your aircraft location also show on the map at https://events.flighttracker.tech with the callsign you put in (and yes, also show in Euroscope for ATC). That callsign is not related to ForeFlight though.

1 Like

ForeFlight and Flight Events have been working perfectly up until today. Now Flight Events doesn’t see Flight Simulator! All I get is “connecting” under SimConnect. I even went out and downloaded the most recent client. I’m guessing the issue is in Flight Simulator itself.

Working fine here.

Can you message me the log files? They are in the same folder with FlightEvents.Client.exe.

I ran into an infuriating situation with SimConnect not being found. FlightEvents wouldn’t work, and neither would VatSim vPilot, nor the PilotEdge client. Being a Linux guy I have no idea how to troubleshoot library loading issues on Windows. I tried googling around but didn’t get far. Before giving up I went and uninstalled every instance of SimConnect via the Add or Remove Programs control panel where I found I had various versions installed including some for FSX which I no longer use. Once I removed all instances of SimConnect from the control panel everything started working.

I noticed that every application that uses SimConnect ships with their own simconnect.dll and in fact PilotEdge kept complaining about SimConnect not being a valid win32 application, which sugests that some win64 version of SimConnect in my system path was being loaded BEFORE it tried to load the DLL that shipped with the application.

TL;DR: Remove all SimConnect installations from your Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs and try again, that fixed it for me after much frustration.

Recently I heard many users also had this issue and then suddenly the issue went away. It feel like SimConnect (bundled with MSFS) is corrupted somehow, and then got reinstall by MSFS on launch.

It can also be conflict with old SimConnect version as you suggested. The weird thing is most users ran fine for a while since release and suddenly got issue without touching FSX, so I don’t think there can be any change to those old FSX’s SimConnect installation to trigger this problem. I’ll monitor this for a while to see if there is any more clues.

hi
i got foreflight to work on my iphone and flight events is working
however when I launch foreflight on my desktop monitor, it does not work there, it only works on ipad and mobile devices. any help is appreciated, the desktop does not have an option for more devices, also i am connected all to same wifi and i verified it all works but not on my desktop foreflight webpage.

I have never heard of ForeFlight on desktop before. Is it a webpage? If it is a webpage, I don’t think it accepts data send from your network. If you don’t see More Devices, I think ForeFlight simply doesn’t support that feature.

yes the web page, i wanted to view foreflight on big scree, no sure how to display it on a desktop monitor from iphon or ipad