FPS and Performance Boost using Quest2 with new Ryzen Chipset Driver

Performance Boost using Quest2 (Quest Link) with new AMD Ryzen Chipset Driver 3.10.08.506 on Win11 Pro.
i can´t believe it, but after installed the new AMD Chipset Driver the FPS increase between 50 and 60FPS. Before this i got FPS around 30-40.
Anybody out there with similar experience ?
Settings/Setup: AMD Ryzen9 9300X, 64GB, RTX3080 TI, Win11Pro, Oculus: 120HZ 4704x2384 at 1.7, Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) 1.5, ASW Off, GPU Scaling Off, MOV 0.70/0.70, Encode Resolution 3648, Bitrate 300
MSFS: Render Scale 100. Terrain Level 130, other Settings between Ultra/High.
New Update SU6 installed.
i do not know if it is conicidence to get those high Framerates.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing information
After I installed it, FPS did increase by 10~20
The usage rate of the graphics card has been reduced by 40%.
The temperature has been reduced by 10 degrees.
This update is really great
AMD 5600X + 3060TI + 32GB/RAM + 1TB/M.2

2 Likes

Interesting. I will update drivers and see if it makes a difference in my G2. I’m on Ryzen 5900X, 3080, 64GbRAM, Win10.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try that on my B450 MB with Ryzen 5 3600 - Win 10

1 Like

Sadly no real visual improvement for me - i guess, I am already GPU bound with my GTX 1080. :pensive:

Can you record FPS with CapFrameX and post here plots/bars with results?
Or that is just your feeling?

Nah, just my feeling. I have been playing in a specific region for some weeks and know th e behaviour. Did not feel any noticeable performance gains.

Wow, that was a disaster. I installed the new AMD chipset drivers and got an MSFS slideshow, starting right from the menus. I enabled FPS counter and got 5 FPS in 4K. Task manager showed that CPU was about 5% loaded. Not the overall 5%, but the most loaded core was 5%. It won’t go past that. I rebooted etc. - nothing helped. As soon as I ununstalled the new chipset drivers and installed previous one - it all got back to normal just like that.

5900X, 3080, x570 chipset. So beware… Something is off here. Drivers are supposed to fix some CPU affinity related things, maybe that kills the FPS in some cases?

Windows 10 or 11? I installed new drivers on Windows 10 and I feel slightly worse performance, but nothing drastic. 5900x, 3090, x570

Then it might be just stable 30 fps. Sorry, but I know how deceiving “fps by eye” can be (from myself).
If you claim change in FPS, please measure it. Other wise - just say that it it smoother f.ex.
It is impossible to judge FPS by eye that precise (unless it is 5fps vs 30fps or so).

1 Like

Win10, dedicated MSFS (dual boot to separate SSD). It was that bad. Normal FPS in 4K (no VR) is in the 45-65 range. I use VR with MR on, so 22.5 mostly :-). 5FPS was with no VR, VR was completely unworkable. Menu sluggish, could not click buttons, had to try 10 times to make it work. 3 reboots - same thing. Reverted to old drivers - Instantly back to normal FPS.

I will compare both drivers in VR in the evening. I fly without MR generally, but yesterday I was testing couple of settings and it was really struggling in MR to keep up, lots of drops to 17fps even.
I have my testing saved in CapFrameX so I will downgrade driver and do some flying.
Thanks for info :slight_smile:

i recorded this through the lens with visual HUD (in OTT choose Performance).
the AMD Drivers seems to get better results on Win 11 ( Windows® 11 Performance Variation in Certain Applications on Compatible AMD Processors)

Latest chipset driver was specifically intended to fix the CPPC issues with w11, perhaps it borked something on w10.

I tested newest vs previous drivers on Win10, difference is minimal, see graphs - tiny slightly better older drivers, visually maybe little more smooth.

My settings are 50 MSFS/200 OpenXR + all max including 400 LOD.
I will see more maybe tomorrow on lower settings :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.