FPS degredation in VR

, ,

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Yes but no changes

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

yes

Brief description of the issue:

In VR, I’ve got massive FPS degredation after a short amount of time (maybe 5-10 min of flight). The fps dropps slowly but steady i.e. from 42 to 22 and doesn’t recover. Degredation doesn’t stop. Switching back to main menue and starting the same flight again, solves the problem, but the effect occurs again. It’s independent of the airplane. GA the same as airliners. Outside VR (in 2D), there’s no degredation observed. Tested with DLSS 3.7 and Frame Generation.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just start a flight and watch the fps

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Ryzen 9 and RTX 4090

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi @Transwarp2010 ,

We’ve moved your topic into the User Support Hub.

The Bug Reporting Hub is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce without duplicating an existing bug report. Using the template or providing all the relevant information about your bug and sim setup is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the User Support Hub category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report and no duplicate exists, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

Which VR headset are you using ?. That information will be useful for the community to help you resolving your issue.

nVidia Frame Generation doesn’t work in VR. Start troubleshooting by temporarily emptying your Community Folder. Aren’t you experiencing GPU (or CPU) overheat and resulting throttling? VR tends to load the systems much more than 2D.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Same problem here

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Has been for a long time now beta still the same

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

run 4090 13700 32gb quest pro

I’m using a Pimax Crystal

Tested with or without community-folder. Always the same.

I would definitely use something like ‘Open Hardware Monitor’ to keep an eye on temps.

I monitored my GPU and CPU-Temperatures and recognized no throttling at all.

I recognize, that there’s no fps degredation while staying on the ground. Means: start a flight, stay in the cockpit and switch to VR. Just stay there. When not moving, the GPU is throttling after a while for a small amount and fps are dropping. But moving the VR-device a bit, switches back to the full amount of frames like at the beginning.
The loss of frames occurs when in flight. Means: enter the cockpit, prepare your airplane, taxi, fly one or more goarounds, perform your landing. In that time the framerate drops permernantely and slowly and won’t recover. Mostly at 16 fps, the screen get stuck and either CTD or screen freeze occurs.
Seems like a memory leak or something else.

Are you using intense live traffic (either Asobo’s or VATSIM or FSLTL)?
You may also test your RAM, but if this happens only in VR the reason is probably somewhere if you setup, but I never experienced anything like this (Reverb G2, Pimax Crystal).
Do you have resolution override in OpenXR Toolkit? What is your resolution?
Consider troubleshooting:

• switch from PimaxXR to SteamVR OpenXR runtime,
  • disable OpenXR toolkit.

Yes, I use FSLTL, but not with these tests.
For testing, I switched from OpenXR Runtime to SteamVR and disactivated OpenXR Toolkit an my PC. The effect of FPS-degradation has vanished for now, but I’m still testing, which one’s the culprit in this case.