FPS drop CPU/GPU utilisation drop

Hi All,

I9 11900k
RTX3070ti
32gb RAM

After 2/3 hours of play I notice a major decrease in FPS which ultimately appears to result in a CTD.

When I start the sim I see around 50/60 fps and After 2 hours or so it drops to like 15fps.

I’ve noticed this on my other machine aswell.

Secondly, not sure if it has anything to do with my rolling cache but I done full fresh install today and by default my rolling cache was disabled. When I turn it on the value is at zero and I can’t enable it.

Does anyone know what this value should be at? And would it be related to my FPS drop?

I also notice my GPU/CPU utilisation at this point is quite low 20/30%. Not sure if this is related or even an issue…

Not very tech save!

I appreciate your help!

Do you use traffic? Both AI and live traffic have caused this problem AFAIK. Some people have gotten the framerate back mid-flight by turning it off under General → Traffic.

1 Like

Ah that may be my problem! Thank you for sharing.

had the same issue…i turned off traffic online and even weather online, and fps back to normal, around 40 fps…feel a bit alone out there but rather nice and smooth…

1 Like

Will try that today!

Yeah I agree it does get quite lonely offline mode

and this is not a duplicate of

?

Not exactly no.

Can confirm that this happens to me as well.

Screenshots taken 10 seconds apart, while moving from live traffic to no traffic.

I did think it felt a bit choppier than usual for no good reason. I’ve been playing for a while now, doing multiple legs in Neofly. Mostly shorter flights, but without going back to the main menu in between; I just reprogram the G1000 NXi and keep going.

Edit: For some good news, the framerate stayed at 64-66 after re-enabling real-time traffic again!

because the CTD you mention or the values (50/60 2h 15fps) vs (40fps x hours 5fps) ?

But okay… let us again split the votes…

yep…e.g.

Disabled real like traffic so far so good!

As the solution seems to work and similar topics exist, as @MichaMMA noted, the topic was closed.