FPS locked to 10 in menu 1.13.16.0

My sim sometimes drops to 10 fps locked in the menu (and sometimes in flight). Anyone seen this happen too?

My system:
i9 9900k
rtx 3090
32gb 3200mhz

1 Like

My sim slowed drastically on final into Atlanta in heavy rain at 7pm time frame. Not sure if this is related. Forgot to check frame rate, sorry

Had you visited there before? It could have been loading scenery. On Wednesday night, not only was it impossibly slowly downloading the update, when I eventually got in I was getting single digit frame rates over London. Itā€™s back to normal now, roughly.

Strange thing is that it happened in the menu, before even loading a flight.

Something must be up with either your system, or one of the mods youā€™ve loaded. You should never be ā€˜main thread limitedā€™ in the menu. Donā€™t know whatā€™s going on.

It seems like I have always had significant FPS fluctuations during the initial start-up initialization screens of the sim.

What kind of surprised me though, was I discovered that if I turn Photogrammetry OFF, I get a significant drop in FPS. (I was checking to see what that would do to some weird ground objects at Paine Field, WA.)

Anyway, that just seems counter-intuitive to me. Iā€™ll just ā€œsufferā€ with some of the weird shapes/objects, leaving Photogrammetry ON, but getting my FPS back to tolerable speeds.

I also have this issue, along with a few others in the community we fly with.

All fine, no issues then after the update massive FPS drop, I get 11 frames in the menu I was getting solid 60 before. I also have a flashing black screen when in the menus, again didnt have before.

I have benchmarked and stress tested my GPU and test on other games, this is just for MSFS I get issues.

Yupā€¦but it seems to many are concerned about runway signs being to big now then the problems with the core of the sim. Flight physics & memory leaks that were introduced with this last world update should take priority over all others. At launch graphically the sim was like no other. really wish MS/Asobo would concentrate on getting this thing stable before jazzing it up. Right now its like putting lipstick on a pig

1 Like

I had it earlier I started up the sim and was stuck around 10fps in the main menu, but going into the world map screen and going back to the main menu fixed it, was fine after that.
Should add when this happened to me the mainthread was higher than id ever seen before and the manipulators was way higher than normal, all went back to normal after.

This post needs moving to the bugs section.

I too get it occasionally when I have changed some graphics settings. Not in the menu, but halfway through loading a flight, which then takes ages and 10fps when on the runway or wherever. Both cpu and gpu have the same drop in load as shown in your Task Manager. Donā€™t think it has happened since the latest AMD Adrenalin update, so may have been driver related.

Only happened to me with a Radeon RX 6800 XT GPU, not on my previous nVidia 1660ti.

Iā€™m having this FPS drop issue in the menu and in game too.

If the sim starts correctly with its normal good frame rate, going into the Settings menu will sometimes trigger this FPS drop (<10fps)

If the sim starts correctly, switching to VR mode will sometimes trigger it into this FPS drop (<10 fps).

Sometimes the issue is there right away when launching the sim.

This is happening on two different systems, a 1660ti gaming laptop and a Ryzen 5600x, RTX3070 brand new build for VR.

Itā€™s hit and miss whether I can get the sim launched and into VR mode without this happening. Itā€™s a hard bug, this has nothing whatsoever to do with settings.

1 Like

Well, msfs support came back to me with a standardized mailā€¦ Iā€™ve given up on sending in bugs

We recommend following the steps below:

Make sure your System is up to date

Please ensure that your Windows 10 version is 1909 or higher and that your system is fully updated.

• Make sure Windows is up to date:
    • Select Start, then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates.
    • For more information/troubleshooting, see: Update Windows 10

ā€¦ etc etc etc

1 Like

Iā€™ve also noticed an inconsistency in performance in the menus, it drops down to teens or twenties then back up to my locked 60FPS for I donā€™t know what reason, wasnā€™t like this before this update.

Iā€™ve the same problem. After starting the game Iā€™ve 60 fps in the main menu but every time I enter the world map the fps drop to 4-6. When I go back to the main menu the fps stay at around 5 fps.

This FPS problem occurs for me (randomly) in the World Map, Settings Screen - or when entering VR mode. Once the sim gets into that state it seems that only exiting and restarting multiple times gets it out of it.

If I get the sim finally started in a working state, switching to VR mode can then sometimes tank it again.

Will someone in support please get a grip and get this reported up the chain, this has nothing to do with settings or tweaks.

Same here on occasion. This is getting absurdā€¦

I also have this problem, it was starting with the UK update and got worse after Sim3 update.

1 Like

same here, although not all the time

I have the same issue, hereā€¦ when I fire up the game in the menu I get 6 FPS. Then I start to nagivate and after a minute somehow it goes up to 45.
Also during approach phases I randomly get this 10-15 reduction suddenly. This was not the case before WU3. Sim update 3 afterwords did not really changed things in this perspective.

same here, really anoying