Frame generation works only on main monitor

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Yes, no changes

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Frame generation only works on 1st monitor screen, any additional render windows works without frame generation

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mw8S725MRo

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

add new render window and enable frame generation

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

rtx4090 5800x3d

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes, 3-screen setup. Only the main/middle one uses Frame Generation.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

FG does not work on multiple render windows.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Same here, only works on main screen.

Hi,

Same issue here. 3 monitor setup using experimental multi monitor setup. Frame generation only works on the main display.

Here also. 3 sceen setup. Frame generation on main display only. Hopefully this will be sorted out

Hello,

I’m considering switching from an UW to a triple monitors setup.

I’m using FG with my 4090, do you find it very annoying not having FG working on the lateral monitors?

e.g during takeoff isn’t that weird having 70 fps on main screen and 35 on both lateral screens?

Frame Generation and triple monitor setup is unplayable on my system. I have to turn off Frame Generation.

Can you describe exactly in what aspects? What framerate do you get and which res? I have a 4090 and a 5800X3D and plan on buying 3 VG27AQ (2560*1440)

What is the drawback of keeping FG on, at least you get double frames on your main monitor, right?

On my system FG induces stutter on the side views. Useless. I am running I9-11900k@5.3, RTX4090, 3x75" views @4k each. That said, our systems are very different. As I have tvs I run at 25hz using Samsung Auto Motion Plus, which doubles the frame rates without Nvidia FG. My system therefore cannot be compared to yours using monitors

Same issue here. FG still only working on main monitor in triple monitor setup. Main monitor is 3840x1600. Side monitors are 1920x1080. Running RTX 4090 with 13900KS 64 GB Ram.

Frame Generation works only when the window is focused, also with just one display … when using others like webbrowser etc, all outside msfs… frames are droping to “normal”

1 Like

Does anybody know if this issue has been acknowledged by Asobo?

This is an nvidia-issue, theres nothing Asobo can do about it. If you turn frame generation on and dont focus on the main screen, it will stop generating frames. In any game.

Ah, I didn’t know that. So it will only generate frames on the Window that is in focus? I guess given with multi monitor we open an additional 2 windows that explains why its only working on one. Although, what happens if I’m in windowed mode and I click on say the right hand window… I don’t recall that window all of a sudden switching to frame generation from the main screen…

… and you dont really “need” it when you focus on the second monitor :smiley:

No thats true, I just don’t recall it behaving in such a manner. I was just googling but can’t find a reference to this being an NVIDIA issue or detailed in other games. Are you able to point anything out?

What I’m noticing, is yes, if MSFS is out of focus frame generation “turns off” - however if I click on my right or left screen the center monitors returns to frame generation being on but the left and right still do not follow.

This appears to be a pipeline rendering issue with the sim itself more so than an nvidia issue - though it might need to have both parties involved to solve the issue entirely. If they are going to support view ports from the main view like other sims - they should find a way to support this option across all view ports…at least I hope.

1 Like

When displaying the sim on 3 monitors it may be annoying, due to the framerate mismatch between the screens.

Yeah it is annoying. And despite scouring the intenet I can’t find any other reference to this happening in other software, so I’m not convinved that this is a NVIDIA issue and think its more with Asobo and how they render.

Have you tried while using Nvidia Surround instead of MSFS multi monitors support?