Frames at 15 fps

But is anybody with that sort of system really seeing that? Or is what they are seeing more like generally ok performance, sometimes even really quite good performance which then gets slammed into the ground for seemingly no reason?

For me, with an 8086k and 3090 and having spent the last 20+ years Overclocking, tweaking and playing games the thing that this most feels like is when an online game is struggling with server load. The performance, even across the same areas can be so different without having made any changes at my end.

Sure there are areas which are low load and performance is better ā€œmost of the timeā€ and there are obviously difficult areas where performance is less good ā€œmost of the timeā€ but even then, one day NYC and Boston can be really quite ok and the very next day they will be simply unplayable.

It is easy to change the server when poor performance seems network/server related. Before I fly I usually check which server Iā€™m using and change it if it is not fast enough.

Iā€™m really not sure that the server you can switch at top right is the content server. My guess is that this is simply the validation server.*

Bing maps, photogrammetry, Azure cloud ATC voices, live traffic etcā€¦these are all coming from a whole bunch of different sources and they arenā€™t always the same.

(I suppose the selection top right may also steer you to clusters but even when Iā€™m connected to West Europe (fastest for me) I frequently see the .exe opening connections to US based servers.

Have you checked this?

I actually think the GPU rendering is pretty good at the moment. I have smooth frames in VR and desktop. Where is falls down for me is AI traffic, near big airports basically anything which adds load onto the CPU. We know a lot of these issues have been improved for SIM Update 5 so hopefully what youā€™ve desacribed above should be much less of an issue once the patch is out. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hello.

My pc specs are I770k , 1080 ti , 32 gb ram.

Now i updated my simulator, update went fine . Sim crashed after the update was done at the booting screen , Re start pc and update drivers . Restart sim it working . Set settings to ultra and getting 45 fps , but if u turn left or right by the view it drops to 25Fps and builds back the fps fast. Now with high settings i get 52 fps . Resolution is 2k. My content updates only showed me the 7 cities that need updating , and no aircraft updates . My friend had aircraft updates and i am lost regarding thatMy performance i am not to happy with it . Is there anything else i can do to fix this. Please answer or can pm me directly thanks .