Frankfurt Airport Abysmal Performance (Premium Deluxe)

Hello,

I decided to try Frankfurt airport today since its included in Premium Deluxe version of the sim. I have RTX2080S + i7 - 10875H with 32 gb ram. My overall performance is really good even with broken airliners. Im usually at 40-45 fps all settings Ultra even at dense cities. However my system is struggling to get 15 fps at Frankfurt Airport as im always limited by mainthread. Mind you, i can get 30-35 fps at KJFK with 787 all settings ultra. Anyone else having a similar experience? Is it scenery related?

2 Likes

Hi @Avucheepan. It is certainly a valid question to get opinions on from others.

Suggest you also submit this to Zendesk and include as much information as you can on your specific graphics settings. Also a good idea to include to attach a copy of your Dxdiag file (WIN-Key + R, add “dxdiag” into the search box and hit Enter, select “Save All Information”, then save the DxDiag.txt file.)

Absolutely the same here. Just search for EDDF and you will see you are not alone.
I have deleted the premium version from content manager. In its current state it is unusable.

4 Likes

Same here, low fps at EDDF which happens to be one of my favorite airports…

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies. I will submit a bug report. This was especially annoying for me because premium deluxe EDDF is not even that good or detailed to be causing performance issues. I would say its not even close to quality of freeware sceneries we have in FSX.

It worries me whats going to happen once PMDG hits the marketplace. Im starting to feel like current commercial technology is not good enough to handle MSFS with all those payware addons.

1 Like

Yeah confirm, same here. I think this is an issue from all Asobo’s handcrafted airports

3 Likes

Same issue however

Starting the sim again from the latest position where the FPS where low are high again after reloading.

Can you guys try the steps here to replicate the issue

Has not been resolved. Frankfurt and Paris I noticed has this issue! I start out the gate @Frankfurt with good performance then a few mins after my frames drop below 20.
This is not happening at handcrafted Heathrow or Schiphol!

2 Likes

For me the issue has even become worse. I have a constant +30FPS almost everywhere and Frankfurt causes drops into single digits :frowning:
Must say I am really disappointed. I’ve been using the Munich scenery bought in the marketplace and I didn’t even see a drop in FPS at all.
I believe it must have something to do with texture size. When looking in certain directions in FRA, my “used memory” becomes larger than the “available memory” (GPU). So I suppose that something is trying to load massive textures and my PC has to start using system memory or swap files.
When looking in another direction by turning view by 180 degrees, the FPS almost instantly get back to normal.
In its current state FRA is unusable for me. I hope the guys who created the EDDM scenery will at some point release a working EDDF scenery, too. I’m about to give up hope that it will get fixed by ASOBO, which is - well - unfortunate as EDDF and the DV20 (which is also unflyable due to cg out of range) were the main reasons for me to go for the premium version.

1 Like

From the way you explained it its probably a memory leak problem or maybe. May not be an issue for users with 16gb and up cards.JFK had the same issue at launch it has gotten better .Hopefully there is going improvements. As of right now avoid it.
In my case my when the fps drops at Frankfurt and Paris the GPU usage drops.
Normally when the airport first loads out the GPU is maxed out and the scenery is completely smooth so I am not sure if a memory leak would cause GPU usage to drop.Asobo needs to optimize and for a PM airport I expected better.

Just checked with latest version from today (England World Update) and performance hasn’t improved a bit. Please, everybody, file a ticket with zendesk.

2 Likes

At which airport? There seems to be some improvements in some places but yeah places like Paris its still bad.I got a slight performance improvement in some of the handcrafted airports alone by dropping the texture resolution from ultra to high.

Glad its not just me, just flew to EDDF and my fps tanked. I have a pretty good system so was really surprised by this. Even after WU6 this is still a problem

1 Like

Today I flew in Frankfurt airport for the first time, I usually have 30plus fps for the most airports but same here… Less than 20fps, main thread bottleneck even after SU8…
i5 11400 and 2060s

I have no issues running Frankfurt but did when the sim first launched .Running an i7 10700k 2060super.I will check again when I get the chance.

1 Like

I have reviewed my settings and lowered cpu load by changing terrain level of detail to balance cpu/gpu utilization like mentioned in many other thread.
Worked well and I can get consistent 30fps now.
Still, EDDF is one of the heavy airport like EGLL for my rig though, but I found that my real problem is the one discussed in below topic.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/after-playing-a-few-hours-fps-drops-from-40-to-5fps/

It’s everybodies problem. And it’s not because our systems but because literally our components go to idle while playing this game… why you may ask? The only ones that could answer these questions are our GPU manufacturers because the problem lies mostly because GPU is running low
Or Asobo. The team that “build” this “simulator”