Free cockpit view with the mouse not possible with default velocity one flightstick profil

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

no

Brief description of the issue:

As soon as the free cockpit view is bound to 2 axis through the e.g. velocityone flightstick (default option) it´s not longer possible to use the mouse for panning around into the cockpit. Zooming directly infront is possible but it´s not possible to change the angle of view with the mouse.
The workaround seems to be:
Detaching the flightstick or unbinding the axis in the stick profil.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Moved to Bug Report and Wishlist-Hardware

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

I have the same issue with the velocity one flightstick

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

The Freelook function on the mouse is disabled when the Velocity One Flight Stick also has Freelook mapped to the analog stick.

I hate this.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have the same Problem

i found a solution for this problem. When turn off the middle mouse pad on the stick, the problem is eliminated.

Greetings Thimo

Sorry but can you explain how you turn off the mouse on the stick. I have the same problem moving around inside with my pc mouse but all good looking around outside. Thanks

on the Stick is the big wheel. You go “Touchpad Sensitivity”, turn it to direction low and OFF. Now you can in MSFS the B19 button a new assignment.

Thankyou so much for taking the time to replay. I followed the above but did not work for me. after a lot of head scratching this worked for me.
I cleard the cockpit view joystick R axis X and cockpit view pitch joystick R axis Y.
I left the outside views the same so I can look around outside and left B19 the same to reset view.
I also left the Touchpad sensitivity the same. dont use it but just kept it.
Thankyou again. Richard.

Can you explain it a little clearer please?

When I get home later I will have a look for you but if you clear the cockpit view joystick R axis X and cockpit view pitch joystick R axis Y. This should sort it out but If not I will look at my settings. R

Same issue here. Could you share more info about your solution? maybe some screenshots of the Controller mapping

1 Like

Found a solution. I had to create a 2% null-zone on my TCA Boeing Yoke for the freelook hat switch. Somehow it was conflicting with the mouse inputs.

2 Likes

Hi, a Screenshot from your settings would be realy great.

if you clear the cockpit view joystick R axis X and cockpit view pitch joystick R axis Y. This should sort it out. Hope it helps.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

If you want use both, stick and mouse to look around the solution is go in sensivity and apply 1% dead (null) zone on axis DX X and DX Y (freelok hat switch). This will solve the conflict with mouse and hat switch.

6 Likes

This worked for me! Thanks!

This worked for me too!

Hey so I’m having the same issue on Xbox x, your instructions indont understand how to apply the setting , if can help thanks

See marked solution for workaround.