Free Scenery Pack for Atlanta Night Lights at SimMarket

I just found this scenery pack available for free for only a short time.

Get it here, if you are interested:

https://secure.simmarket.com/msfs-textures-page-1.chtml

Is it a zip or exe installer?

Itā€™s an EXE extractor, but you can use 7-Zip to open and extract the folder for it instead

Thanks. Iā€™m not fond of having ot use executables unless theyā€™re from someone I know well.

I received the following message from my antivirus program today (The file illuminators-atlanta2301.exe is infected with Trojan.GenericKD.45805909 and has been moved to quarantine)

I have opened a tiket at SimMarket

1 Like

this is The answer to my tiket

You can be assured that our files are virus free. You may have been a victim of a ā€˜false-positiveā€™, eg a false alarm:
A false positive is another way of saying ā€˜mistakeā€™. As applied to the field of anti-virus programs, a false positive occurs when the program mistakenly flags an innocent file as being infected. This may seem harmless enough, but false positives can be a real nuisance.

you will need to make an exception on installing this installer by advising your anti-virus software to do so or shortly stopping it.

I certainly do not install it at the moment

Itā€™s possible that an exe file can be infected after it is downloaded, but that would occur only if another infected executable file had infected it.

But SimMarket is right that it could be a false positive.

This is junk anyway. Itā€™s not worth a free download. Stop cluttering your sim with BS. Until a respected developer does Atlanta Landmarks with night lights you are best off sticking with default. Those light packages will create god knows what issues with future sim updates.

Itā€™s not a free download anymore. That was only for a few hours several weeks ago.

You are free to have your own opinion about it, but please try to be less confrontational. It will only cause quarrels and controversy.

The antivirus program reports that the file is infected when it is downloaded, not after it is downloaded.

Less confrontational? I didnā€™t think it was overly ā€œconfrontationalā€ and it wasnā€™t directed towards anyone specificā€¦ It was calling things out for what they are - lots of garbage. When you see the forum LITERALLY filled to the brim with complains about instability, CTDs, constant reinstalls, degraded performance, sim being ā€œunplayableā€ā€¦ a large chunk of that being blamed on the Asobo developersā€¦ In the meantime, droves of people comb flightsim.to for poorly done Google Maps rips that degrade their performance, buying questionable add-ons on SimMarket and THEN wonder how come their sim performs like rubbish? Perhaps if more people are a little more discerning as to WHAT they install, you wouldnā€™t see half of these issues. My point is - stop loading junk into your sim.

I just looked at the contents of the package within my Community folder. None of the package files are executable files, so they cannot do anything to the computer.

There are two JSON files. These files contain data in JSON format.
There is one jpg file, an image.
There are two bgl files, databases.

I am not trying to talk anyone into installing this package; I just want to put facts on record. A virus program flags this as containing a virus does not necessarily mean that it has a virus. Non-executable files cannot be infected with viruses. The virus program apparently saw a series of bytes that it has seen associated with infected files and flagged it in a false positive. This kind of thing happens often.

Obviously, there is nothing wrong with avoiding all flagged files, but that practice sometimes affects good software.

1 Like